Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by Sarge Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Count me in the "I enjoy the reviews, even if I don't comment" camp.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
marurun

by marurun Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:21 pm

I really love everyone's reviews in these threads, but Bone and Elkin give my favorite 16-bit platform lots of love, and so those two just stand out in my mind. That's all. I definitely read everything folks post in here.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:29 pm

I read pretty much everyone's reviews (exception being if I'm in a rush and then I have to skim some), but I don't really reply to a lot of them since otherwise I would just be essentially saying "Good review!" a whole lot and there's not much point in me doing that haha.

I do wish I was better at writing my own though. I'm unfortunately just not that great at writing. Especially doesn't help that I'm very slow and I often don't have a lot of time to put into making a good review. Hopefully I'll get better eventually ha...
Ack

by Ack Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:58 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:I read pretty much everyone's reviews (exception being if I'm in a rush and then I have to skim some), but I don't really reply to a lot of them since otherwise I would just be essentially saying "Good review!" a whole lot and there's not much point in me doing that haha.

I do wish I was better at writing my own though. I'm unfortunately just not that great at writing. Especially doesn't help that I'm very slow and I often don't have a lot of time to put into making a good review. Hopefully I'll get better eventually ha...

Just keep doing it. Most of us have been writing for years, and we were far, far worse. Don't think of it as something you're bad at, just as something you're working at.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Yeah, I started participating in Games Beaten 2015 after Dsh's article on working on his backlog at the end of 2014 and my early reviews were terrible. Like anything practice is the key.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:29 pm

I love all the work everybody puts into this thread. Whether you're typing a full essay review, or just saying you beat something and giving a few lines on whether you thought it was good/worth your time, all of it is valuable information.

<3 YOUR WORDS ARE READ AND APPRECIATED <3
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Ack wrote:Just keep doing it. Most of us have been writing for years, and we were far, far worse. Don't think of it as something you're bad at, just as something you're working at.

Yeah, I've only been writing review for a year, but I did a lot of writing of various types before that.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Ack wrote:Just keep doing it. Most of us have been writing for years, and we were far, far worse. Don't think of it as something you're bad at, just as something you're working at.

Hey now I started out bad, and stayed bad.
Ack

by Ack Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:

Hey now I started out bad, and stayed bad.

You did, but that is because you so often tell me to edit for you.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Sometimes I like to write full reviews, and sometimes I'm just too lazy. :lol:
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Return to General Gaming