Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Sarge wrote:I... actually think I might like it more than SMRPG.

I do. I think it is much better.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:03 pm

I think Paper Mario is way better than Mario RPG, but I thought Mario RPG was only OK.

I struggle to decide which is my favourite between Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga though. All 3 of those games I adore.

The later Paper Mario & Mario & Luigi games are still good, but they're just not the same level of quality in my eyes.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 pm

alienjesus wrote:I struggle to decide which is my favourite between Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga though. All 3 of those games I adore.

Let me help you:

1. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
2. Paper Mario
3. Paper Mario: TTYD
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm

I, personally, am partial to SMRPG over PM, but I wasn't a personal fan of the paper stylistic choice.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:49 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I struggle to decide which is my favourite between Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga though. All 3 of those games I adore.

Let me help you:

1. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
2. Paper Mario
3. Paper Mario: TTYD

So I thought Superstar Saga was one of the weakest RPG I had ever played when it came out...I will still beat Paper Mario though.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:23 pm

I liked Superstar Saga a lot. I don't think it beats Paper Mario for me, but it does edge out TTYD. Bowser's Inside Story is my absolute favorite of the Mario & Luigi set.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Sarge wrote:I liked Superstar Saga a lot. I don't think it beats Paper Mario for me, but it does edge out TTYD. Bowser's Inside Story is my absolute favorite of the Mario & Luigi set.

Yes. That game is insanely solid. I thought the writing was a bit better in Superstar Saga, however.

My personal shame is that I have not beaten any other games in the Mario & Luigi series... :? I should change that this year.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm

You'll probably be a little disappointed, I don't think any of them are at the level of SS or BIS. PiT is probably the weakest and Paper Jam the strongest of those.

To be clear, though, none of them suck.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:58 pm

I have not read many nice things about M&L: Dream Team...I will probably play PiT next, and I may make one of my goals for 2017-2018 to be finishing up all of the games in Nintendo's "minor" series (i.e., F-Zero, Metroid, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Kid Icarus, etc.).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I have not read many nice things about M&L: Dream Team...I will probably play PiT next, and I may make one of my goals for 2017-2018 to be finishing up all of the games in Nintendo's "minor" series (i.e., F-Zero, Metroid, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Kid Icarus, etc.).

Get Chibi-Robo on that list. I can't speak for the sequels (except the 3DS one, which is just OK), but the Gamecube original is one of my all-time favourite games.

I need to play Park Patrol and the recently translated Happy Richie Big Sweep soon.
Return to General Gaming