Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Cool post aj. Catherine looks like a game I wouldn't enjoy but Paper Mario is certainly boss. Nice to see the N64 get some love up in hurr.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:22 pm

I loved Catherine - everything about it.

Oddly, I'd think you would too Bone. Visual novel x sokoban.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:23 pm

I'd recommend you watch a gameplay video of the puzzle stuff Bone and see if it intrigues you or not.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 pm

noiseredux wrote:I loved Catherine - everything about it.

Same. Other than the frequent desire to slap the stupid out of Vincent. :lol:
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Catherine would be a classic if it wasn't so frustrating hard and didn't have such slippery controls

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
10. School Girl/Zombie Hunter - PlayStation 4 - January 29

If you want some T&A with some mindless zombie killing, then look no further (it's fun af if that's all you're looking for).

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:49 pm

I mean it wasn't EASY but I had no problem beating it. And I'm not good at video games.
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 am

alienjesus wrote:Paper Mario is a wonderful, compelling, charming and hilarious game. I enjoyed every single second of my revisiting this game after all those years. I completed the game 100% (all badges, recipes, optional bosses, star pieces, sidequests etc...) and don't regret a second of it. A wonderful game for one of my favourite systems. If you don't have it, get it, it's worth every penny.

+1

Paper Mario is truly fantastic. One of my favorite games on the system and one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Now that I finished the GCN version, I am having a difficult time deciding between the two. Both of them are utterly fantastic games and deserved to be played by everybody.

I am glad that you were able to experience this fantastic game once again.
Last edited by Markies on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:40 am

Juan Aguacate wrote:Catherine would be a classic if it wasn't so frustrating hard and didn't have such slippery controls

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
10. School Girl/Zombie Hunter - PlayStation 4 - January 29

If you want some T&A with some mindless zombie killing, then look no further (it's fun af if that's all you're looking for).

It ain't cheap, but if that's your cup of tea, it's well worth it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 am

Markies wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Paper Mario is a wonderful, compelling, charming and hilarious game. I enjoyed every single second of my revisiting this game after all those years. I completed the game 100% (all badges, recipes, optional bosses, star pieces, sidequests etc...) and don't regret a second of it. A wonderful game for one of my favourite systems. If you don't have it, get it, it's worth every penny.

+1

Paper Mario is truly fantastic. One of my favorite games on the system and one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Now that I finished the GCN version, I am having a difficult time deciding between the two. Both of them are utterly fantastic games and deserved to be played by everybody.

I am glad that you were able to experience this fantastic game once again.

I never gave it a fair chance because it changed so much from my beloved Mario RPG. But I finally loaded it up yesterday. I hope to join AJ in beating it this year.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 am

I remember being worried about Paper Mario when it came out. I figured it was going to be pretty weak compared to SMRPG without SquareSoft's involvement. Turns out I was wrong! Different, yes, but absolutely fantastic. I... actually think I might like it more than SMRPG.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Return to General Gaming