Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
SpikeSlania
16-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by SpikeSlania Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:14 pm

One of the games I beat this year which is Final Fantasy 15. I ended up platniuming it and then selling it. The game play and side quests were amazing in the first half of the game. But then after chapter 8 it took a major drop. I might pick it up again later at a cheap price once Square adds all the new free updates updating the story and stuff later and try it again to see if it improved at all. Otherwise you will find some gaps in the story that you can guess will end up being the character dlc, which is something I hate when a game removes stuff for dlc.

The other game I beat this year was King of Fighters XIV. I only beat it with one Team though. I ended up selling it as well. The game felt alot slower then KoF XIII, which I found out why they slowed it down when I tried Multiplayer. They added a Max system which speeds up your character. I liked the teams they added to the game and some returns of old favorites. But in the end I rather be mediocre in Blazblue instead of learning the new Max system :P But as a plus for XIV is the network mode I never felt any lag in the few online matches I tried when compared to KoF XIII, so the network definitely was improved.
Raz
16-bit

by Raz Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 pm

1. Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
2. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)
3. Wild Guns: Reloaded (PS4)
4. World Heroes (SNES)

Picked this up last Saturday and decided to go through it as a break from Arkanoid: Doh It Again. It's a SNES port of a Neo Geo fighting game. It has a "SFII ripoff" vibe coming from it, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. The biggest difference here from SFII is the "Deathmatch" mode where you fight on stages with environmental hazards like electric fences and landmines. I just did an arcade run as Jeanne on normal mode, nothing special. Maybe I'll go get the other Neo Geo SNES ports out there of course nobody ported Neo Turf Masters over.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

The SNES Neo Geo ports are a mixed bag. Some are good, some are not particularly. And different companies did different ports, so make sure you read up a little before you dive in.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 am

marurun wrote:The SNES Neo Geo ports are a mixed bag. Some are good, some are not particularly. And different companies did different ports, so make sure you read up a little before you dive in.

Truth. Better to just sell a kidney and buy an MVS.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am

Or emulate through official means. A lot of the Neo Geo stuff is up on places like Steam and the Wii Virtual Console.

Or unoffical. I don't care. That's what I do. ;)

(I still want a Neo Geo, though.)
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

Sarge wrote:Or emulate through official means. A lot of the Neo Geo stuff is up on places like Steam and the Wii Virtual Console.

That's my rule on emulation. Unless there's no way to play it in a language I speak, that's the only type of emulation I'll condone (with the exception of MAME).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am

plus some of the NG ports on Steam have online play.
whitewolfarctic
8-bit

by whitewolfarctic Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am

I've beaten Abzu, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Last Guardian.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Nice, guys. Keep up the good work! It is good to see some new members posting in here, and I always appreciate reading people's thoughts on the games they play to completion.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:47 pm

whitewolfarctic wrote:I've beaten Abzu, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Last Guardian.

What are your thoughts on them? Were they all good and recommended for others? Any duds in there?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming