Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by Xeogred Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Nice! The grind to refill ammo or from loading a password is definitely brutal.

As a kid I always got lost in Norfair, but once you figure out some of those fake floors it's smooth sailing from there.
miked
128-bit

by miked Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Yeah if I would of died on MB a second time I probably would have turned it off and tried again today.

Out of curiosity I looked up Metroid rom hacks to see what people have accomplished and I found this one:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1186/

It adds a three slot saving system that also saves you energy levels, and a scrolling map for the pause screen. Pretty freaking neat, but I wouldn't feel near as cool if I beat it that way.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:31 pm

That's pretty cool.

I want to check this hack out, released a little after AM2R recently and looks like it tweaks the game quite a lot.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3280/
miked
128-bit

by miked Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Wow. Now THATS a romhack haha. It has been downloaded to be put on my softmodded Wii in the near future.

Of course my eyes quickly drifted to the side bar where I notices NES Golf: Starring KISS:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1186/

Dreams do come true. :lol:
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 am

Abzu.

I came off RiME and needed another artsy game for PS4. I am still awaiting Brothers a Tale of two Sons in the mail. I forgot Abzu was a gift from PS+ some time ago.

Abzu is I guess a Scuba version of Journey. (I never played Journey but will soon but what i seen it seems kinda like that) it also feels like Endless Ocean on Wii and Ecco the Dolphin on DC with *bleep* sorry have to bleep it out because spoilers.

Not much to do in this game but explore a little enjoy the visuals find a collectible or two and listen to the nice music. One of those games that has no dialogue but tells a story. I liked the game quite a bit but I do feel it never fully earns what it reveals at the end. If you want physical it's 16 bucks Amazon. Dunno what it is digitally. But is on Steam/PSN/XBO
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:57 am

Segata wrote:Abzu.

I came off RiME and needed another artsy game for PS4. I am still awaiting Brothers a Tale of two Sons in the mail. I forgot Abzu was a gift from PS+ some time ago.

Abzu is I guess a Scuba version of Journey. (I never played Journey but will soon but what i seen it seems kinda like that) it also feels like Endless Ocean on Wii and Ecco the Dolphin on DC with *bleep* sorry have to bleep it out because spoilers.

Not much to do in this game but explore a little enjoy the visuals find a collectible or two and listen to the nice music. One of those games that has no dialogue but tells a story. I liked the game quite a bit but I do feel it never fully earns what it reveals at the end. If you want physical it's 16 bucks Amazon. Dunno what it is digitally. But is on Steam/PSN/XBO

We have a spoiler tag.

Like so:
OMGZ SPOILERS!!!
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 am

I know. Just don't want a chance someone will ruin it for themselves.
Twitter Segata
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 am

...Then why even reference it? It adds nothing to the post.

You coulda just said 'it also feels like Endless Ocean on Wii and Ecco the Dolphin on DC' and left the sentence at that :lol:
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:12 am

Nitpick much?

Anyway Abzu is a great game esp for anyone who liked Journey. Fucking christ anytime I post in here you nitpick at it. First it was didn't say enough now saying too much. Make up your mind.
Twitter Segata
Flake

by Flake Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:18 pm

January:
Super Mario Bros Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA/WiiU)
Super Mario Bros Advance 2: Yoshi's Island (GBA/WiiU)
Wario Land 4 (GBA/WiiU)

March:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

April:
Front Mission 3 (PS1/PSTV)
Mega Man 2 (PS4)

May:
Megaman 3 (PS4)
Megaman 4 (PS4)
Megaman 5 (PS4)
Megaman (PS4)
Megaman 6 (PS4)

June:
Megaman Legends (PSX)
Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)

July:
Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of the Super Heroes (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS4)
Adventures of Mana (PSTV)
Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope (Switch)

So yeah. Wow. One of the best Megaman games I have ever played. I am utterly confuzzled that it took me this long to put some time into it.

One of the things I appreciate the most is that the game's difficulty level is high but it gives the player the choice of playing it safe with careful management of in-game currency or rushing ahead and gambling you can make it to the next check point. There is much about this game that feels like a master class in old school game design with the quality of life additions we expect from modern titles.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Return to General Gaming