Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by dsheinem Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm

noiseredux wrote:1. Fire Emblem Heroes (Android)
2. Sara Is Missing (Android)
3. Civilization V (PC)
4. Portal 2 (PC)
5. Halo Wars 2 (PC)
6. Mario Run (Android)
7. Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition (Android)
8. Diablo III (PC)

Wow. Loved this game so much.

Soooooo good! Best Blizzard game ever, IMO.
marurun

by marurun Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:10 pm

How do you both feel about the hullabaloo over the style change vs the older Diablo titles?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:29 pm

marurun wrote:How do you both feel about the hullabaloo over the style change vs the older Diablo titles?

I like it far better than the older Diablos, so it didn't bother me. Screw the haters.
ConsoleHandheldGamer
16-bit

by ConsoleHandheldGamer Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dragon Quest VII
Picross e5
Picross e6
Long Live The Queen

It's been a picross sort of year (and I'm working on Picross e7 and Picross DS.)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm

ConsoleHandheldGamer wrote:My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dragon Quest VII
Picross e5
Picross e6
Long Live The Queen

It's been a picross sort of year (and I'm working on Picross e7 and Picross DS.)

Nothing wrong with That! I think Picross is one of the best types of puzzles where you can sit, solve a puzzle or two and go on with your day. Who needs sudoku when you got Picross!

Picross was one of three games that my brother had on his original gameboy and I would spend countless hours playing Mario Picross. The music on that is spectacular!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Picross is great. Ditto for Long Live the Queen.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:16 pm

dsheinem wrote:Soooooo good! Best Blizzard game ever, IMO.

as far as modern Blizz goes I've played Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes Of The Storm and Overwatch. D3 took me like 10 hrs. I've put probably 50 into Overwatch, and triple digits on Hearthstone and HOTS. I'd probably call HOTS my favorite, but it's unfair as these are all vastly different games. I loved every second with D3, though. When I wasn't playing it, I was thinking about playing it.

marurun wrote:How do you both feel about the hullabaloo over the style change vs the older Diablo titles?

The only hullabaloo I was aware of was that people hated the "always online" for single player, so not sure what you're referring to specifically. I never played D2, but I found D3 far more inviting to play (UI, controls, etc) than the original Diablo if that means anything.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:08 pm

I vastly prefer the looks/aesthetics of Diablo 2 / Starcraft to Diablo 3 / Starcraft 2, if that is what marurun is getting at. Not to mention the music of their older stuff is legendary.

I still think Diablo 3 was great though and I still haven't even played post patches, I hear it got a lot better and is almost totally different now.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Personally I think Diablo 3's style resembles high level Diablo 2 play, where you want to be mowing down dudes constantly because letting them actually fight you gets you killed. Early game Diablo 2 was closer to the Diablo 1 style of taking things more methodical and not getting in over your head, but once you started rolling with that aoe skill and solved your mana issues the gameplay totally changed.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:25 am

Personally, I actually played through Diablo III a couple times on PC, where the previous games I think I played for an hour or so and then put them aside. I didn't keep playing to actually hit the level cap or grind great gear or whatever, but I'd still count it as a good bit more appealing to me.

noise, if your wife would be interested, the console version is a great couch co-op game. Blizzard retooled it a bit for controllers and it actually works quite well.
Return to General Gaming