Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Exhuminator »

If all you needed was powerful bombs to kill the boss, I probably could have done it. The one thing I spent a lot of time alchemizing was bombs of all shapes and sizes. I even got a special bomb making credo for my adventure's license. Oh well, at least we both got some enjoyment out of the game.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I beat the boss. I don't remember it being a big issue, but I was underlevelled for it at first.

My team was Totori, Mimi and Sterk and I want to say I was late 30s to early 40s in level when I beat the game.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:My team was Totori, Mimi and Sterk and I want to say I was late 30s to early 40s in level when I beat the game.

My team was Totori, Sterk, and Melvia. Sterk hit hard and had a lot of HP, and Melvia was like a female version of Sterk (capability wise). She was also my favorite waifu:

I really do rue that there was no alternative way to secure seafaring transportation outside pure alchemy. I mean, yeah alchemy is a central element of these games, but this particular entry was called Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland. So again, there should have been some other way to get a boat, if you chose to be a namesake adventurer, as opposed to purely being a scavenger hunting alchemist.

All the same this was a great game that I recommend to JRPG fans tired of the same ol' shtick. (Though they should play through the superior Atelier Rorona Plus first as Totori is its direct sequel.)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Exhuminator wrote:
alienjesus wrote:My team was Totori, Mimi and Sterk and I want to say I was late 30s to early 40s in level when I beat the game.

My team was Totori, Sterk, and Melvia. Sterk hit hard and had a lot of HP, and Melvia was like a female version of Sterk (capability wise). She was also my favorite waifu:

I really do rue that there was no alternative way to secure seafaring transportation outside pure alchemy. I mean, yeah alchemy is a central element of these games, but this particular entry was called Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland. So again, there should have been some other way to get a boat, if you chose to be a namesake adventurer, as opposed to purely being a scavenger hunting alchemist.

All the same this was a great game that I recommend to JRPG fans tired of the same ol' shtick. (Though they should play through the superior Atelier Rorona Plus first as Totori is its direct sequel.)

I would recommend they skip Rorona myself. I started with Totori, and I think Rorona is a less enjoyable game.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:I would recommend they skip Rorona myself. I started with Totori, and I think Rorona is a less enjoyable game.

Did you play the original Rorona or did you play the Plus version?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Exhuminator wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I would recommend they skip Rorona myself. I started with Totori, and I think Rorona is a less enjoyable game.

Did you play the original Rorona or did you play the Plus version?

I played the Plus versions of both on Vita. I got to the 6th set of missions and gave up. It's fine, but I felt the missions railroaded you around taking certain actions, whereas Totori felt more free in the options it presented.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:I got to the 6th set of missions and gave up. It's fine, but I felt the missions railroaded you around taking certain actions, whereas Totori felt more free in the options it presented.

Totori felt more free, until you realized you needed to spend an entire year building a ridiculously difficult boat. (Maybe with a strategy guide it would have been less daunting to find and synthesize all those ingredients.) But I get what you're saying, and I can totally understand how someone would prefer Totori. I just came away having enjoyed Rorona Plus more. It was simpler and more linear, but not to a fault IMO.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Exhuminator wrote:If all you needed was powerful bombs to kill the boss, I probably could have done it. The one thing I spent a lot of time alchemizing was bombs of all shapes and sizes. I even got a special bomb making credo for my adventure's license. Oh well, at least we both got some enjoyment out of the game.

I think I mostly made healing items and TP restoring items and went nuts with Sterk and Mimi's special moves.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

nerds
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

dsheinem wrote:nerds

hipster
PLAY KING'S FIELD.