Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I really like Pullblox/Pushmo, and I very much enjoyed the heightened difficulty in the last few sections. IMO, it is one of Nintendo's best new IPs, and although I haven't caught up with all of the sequels yet, I am anxious to see what else they do with it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I really like Pullblox/Pushmo, and I very much enjoyed the heightened difficulty in the last few sections. IMO, it is one of Nintendo's best new IPs, and although I haven't caught up with all of the sequels yet, I am anxious to see what else they do with it.

I am always boggled when people say Nintendo has no new IPs when they have tons of little stuff like this and blockboy and splatoon. Sure they aren't always huge scale aaa style games....but the most important thing to ask is, "Is this fun?" And almost always it is.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I really like Pullblox/Pushmo, and I very much enjoyed the heightened difficulty in the last few sections. IMO, it is one of Nintendo's best new IPs, and although I haven't caught up with all of the sequels yet, I am anxious to see what else they do with it.

Well, we all know you're a masochist too :wink:

I was OK up to about stage 150 or so, but those last few worlds just beat me down. Glad it's done to be honest.

Stretchmo/Fullblox seems fun, outside of the weird freemium pricing, but Crashmo/Fallblox looks sadistic imo. I won't be rushing into either of the sequels too soon
Last edited by alienjesus on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

alienjesus wrote:Stretchmo/Fullblox seems fun, outside of the weird freemium pricing, but Crashmo/Fallblox looks sadistic imo. I won't be rushing into either of the sequels too soon

The freemium pricing on that one is weird. I downloaded it and then just purchased all of the levels. Once you have everything, it costs the same as all of the other entries in the series. It is really hard, however, and the slightly altered mechanics really change the game significantly.

I do enjoy sadistic puzzle games...Right now - and when I'm not playing BOTW - I am working my way through Warlock's Tower. It is great, and it should be coming to the 3DS at some point.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am always boggled when people say Nintendo has no new IPs when they have tons of little stuff like this and blockboy and splatoon. Sure they aren't always huge scale aaa style games....but the most important thing to ask is, "Is this fun?" And almost always it is.

It's true. New Nintendo classics like Tomodachi Life, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, and Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends really take the sting out of not getting a new Metroid or F-Zero.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Exhuminator wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am always boggled when people say Nintendo has no new IPs when they have tons of little stuff like this and blockboy and splatoon. Sure they aren't always huge scale aaa style games....but the most important thing to ask is, "Is this fun?" And almost always it is.

It's true. New Nintendo classics like Tomodachi Life, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, and Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends really take the sting out of not getting a new Metroid or F-Zero.

And BOXBOY, Splatoon, Codename S.T.E.A.M, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, plus publishing stuff like The Wonderful 101.

Let's not forget that they've released and or funded games comebacks or new entries in other series like Bayonetta, Chibi-Robo, Pilotwings, Rhythm Paradise, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fatal Frame, Starfox, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Xenoblade, plus successfully pulled Fire Emblem from the brink of death to become a top seller in it's genre and still kept many other franchises running alongside it all. Depending how far back you want to go, we also got stuff like Sin & Punishment 2 on Wii, who would ever have expected that to happen?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like another Metroid and I'd fucking love a new F-Zero, but this idea that Nintendo ignores all of it's IPs just rubs me the wrong way because they've been putting out tons of games for tons of IPs over that last few gens, many of which had been considered long dead or dormant up to that point themselves.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Also, we got a new Metroid last year. Everyone hated it, though, and two commercial failure in a row means no more Metroid for a while... :?

Finally...and I'll just come out and say it...

Fast Racing Neo is better than every game in the F-Zero franchise.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Also, we got a new Metroid last year. Everyone hated it, though, and two commercial failure in a row means no more Metroid for a while... :?

How is FRNs music? Is it better than Fzero GX's?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Also, we got a new Metroid last year. Everyone hated it, though, and two commercial failure in a row means no more Metroid for a while... :?

These are some big words. I'll be either playing the Wii U game or picking up the Switch game soon, and I'll let you know if I agree.

They're gonna have to dazzle me to beat out F-Zero X or F-Zero GX in my estimations though.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:this idea that Nintendo ignores all of it's IPs just rubs me the wrong way because they've been putting out tons of games for tons of IPs over that last few gens, many of which had been considered long dead or dormant up to that point themselves.

Congratulations to everybody who enjoys Nintendo's new questionable-demographic catering IPs. I'm just salty because there hasn't been a new side scrolling Metroid or F-Zero for thirteen years and counting.

Maybe the Switch will finally get them.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Also, we got a new Metroid last year.

That's no Metroid game chief.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.