Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by MrPopo »

Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

the potato stuff was hilarious.

@prfsnl: I had no idea there was a Portal 2 pack for Dimensions. Wow. I gotta pick that up.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

There's a Portal pack. I am not sure whether it relates more to the first game or the second. Regardless, it's awesome, and I'm getting it (along with the Doctor Who pack).

FYI...my son is way into Legos right now; so I picked up a Lego Dimensions starter pack "for him" this week. I am probably more excited about it than he is...but if I'm going to play the game, I'm going to need my little buddy to put together some blocks!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it's a great game. My wife and I picked up the starter pack a couple of months ago when BB was running a sale on it. Think we payed $50? The base game is a lot of fun, and we've slowly been working on it sporadically.

I definitely have a short(ish) list of wanted add-ons for Dimensions, though I haven't picked any up yet as we haven't finished the base game yet.

I wish Supergirl wasn't so expensive, but her limited release was unfortunate.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I am actually really interested in playing Portal 2, have never played it, and read every word in your post.

I fall into this camp too. I even own Portal 2 but I've only played the multiplayer co-op campaign - never the single player one
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Sarge wrote:Oh, yeah, Operation C is better than a run-and-gun has any right to be on GB.

Speaking of Kirby's Dream Land 3, I enjoyed my time with it, but the wonky physics really diminished my overall enjoyment. I know it's a small thing, but sometimes, that's all it takes. I'm the same way with Mario games, honestly...

Mario tends to be top notch, but I still don't love the physics for the New line.

Exhuminator wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I have never played the Dream Land's before.

Okay I simply misunderstood your posts then. Disregard I'm retarded. :o

The Dream Land games are all great choices. Trip World is sort of similar in that it has really nice music and cute graphics, and is also very easy as Kirby games tend to be. If you haven't played through Gargoyle's Quest 1 & 2 on GB yet, I truly think you'd enjoy those.

Hmm I'm a little sketchy on those, since I'm that weird guy that doesn't like Demon's Crest. Mainly because of what Sarge is kind of saying above on Dream Land 3 haha, I just could never get a good feel for the way the gargoyle controlled, slowly jumped and hovered, and latched onto walls. The bosses were super hard too and the weird backtracking/world map kind of tired me out. That and it's awesome graphical style just made me want to replay Super Ghoul's n Ghosts.
Flake

Post by Flake »

January:
Super Mario Bros Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA/WiiU)
Super Mario Bros Advance 2: Yoshi's Island (GBA/WiiU)
Wario Land 4 (GBA/WiiU)

March:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

April:
Front Mission 3 (PS1/PSTV)

First a quote from myself, 18 days ago:

Past Flake wrote:Playing Front Mission 3. 24 hours into it. Hitting that 'when the hell does this game end?' phase.

At 24 hours I was getting weary of Front Mission 3. I finished it tonight...at 46 hours. This game was entirely too long. Definitely it was bang for the buck (since I got it for like $5 off of PSN) but it stopped being fun a long time ago. I have spent the past week and a half practically 'hate playing' this game, just to finally finish it.

This game does a lot right but there was not enough variety or customization to support more than 30 hours of gameplay. There were points where the story dragged for no real reason (The entire time spent in China, for instance) and there were scenes that were turned into battles when they would have better served narrative pacing as simple cutscenes.

All in all, I mostly enjoyed my time with Front Mission 3 but I am really excited to do something else with my time now.

Last but not least, I would like to drop a link to a gamefaqs article that I used to determine how much further I had to go in this game. It is also the most 90's era gamefaqs article I have ever seen. The best part:

Sorry I haven’t been replying to mail or anything. Got grounded…

Seriously, it is awesome!
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Flake wrote:At 24 hours I was getting weary of Front Mission 3. I finished it tonight...at 46 hours.

Now it's time to go back and do the whole other campaign, lasting you about the same amount of time! Nope. I couldn't do it either after beating FM3 the first time. "Someday."

Congrats on beating FM3 though. And please don't let the bloat and sluggish pacing of FM3 put you off the later games. FM4 and FM5 are leagues better. And also manage to be challenging as well. Especially FM5.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Flake wrote:At 24 hours I was getting weary of Front Mission 3. I finished it tonight...at 46 hours.

SRPG's tend to fall into that category of "way too f-ing long" a LOT in my experience. I like Project X Zone quite a bit, but it was WAY too long at 60+ hours. That game really should've been like 40 hours max, especially considering the whole escapade finding the parts to that chick from Dot Hack were nothing but filler and took up like 10 freakin' missions.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:

SRPG's tend to fall into that category of "way too f-ing long" a LOT in my experience. I like Project X Zone quite a bit, but it was WAY too long at 60+ hours. That game really should've been like 40 hours max, especially considering the whole escapade finding the parts to that chick from Dot Hack were nothing but filler and took up like 10 freakin' missions.

That's one reason why I love shining force. Not a lot of filler. Things move at a fast pace and finish right when it should.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.