Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2017

by MrPopo Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Irem's best game is Metal Storm.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon May 15, 2017 8:40 pm

MrPopo wrote:Irem's best game is Metal Storm.

I should report this post. Irem's best game is R-Type.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Irem's best game is Metal Storm.

I should report this post. Irem's best game is R-Type.

You heathens. Everyone knows Irem's best game is Ninja Baseball Bat Man.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

by marurun Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

I cannot possibly find fault in Exhuminator's declaration.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I guess there's a GB conversion of Contra 3 that looks cool, not sure if I'll put too much into it though but it's neat it exists.

There's also a port of Contra 3 to the GBA, called Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX. The biggest change to it is the top-view stages from the original Super NES game were replaced with two stages from Contra: Hard Corps (the Military Train and Big Battle stages).

I mentioned here or in another thread last week to avoid it. It's not worth the price it's going for these days. In addition to the overhead stages being replaced, you can only carry one gun at a time. No thanks. I bought it cheap and traded it in at a better price.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Yeah, it looks technically impressive and faithful in ways, but maybe not fun. I dunno. I'm plugging away at Hard Corps and feeling the burn, definitely taking a break from Contra after this. Although... Gunstar Heroes is tempting. :lol:
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 am

Guwange
Gunstar heroes
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 am

27. Lollipop Chainsaw | 360 | beat 'em up | 2012 | 6h 30m | 7/10

When I first started playing Lollipop Chainsaw, I was very underwhelmed. "So this is OneChanbara, Suda51 style 'eh?" But later in the game, as I scaled a skyscraper while Human League's "Empire State Human" played in the background, I realized there was more heart in this production than previously assumed. Yes, you play the part of a scantily dressed cheerleader chainsawing tons of zombies to death. Yes, it's all more than a little gratuitous and low brow. But of all Suda51's games, Lollipop Chainsaw may very well capture his whole style-over-substance shtick the most endearingly. The core concept is never lost and the wild boss fights will rock your world. (When James Euringer was willing to put his sanctifying touch on the experience, you know it's genuine.) While the moment-to-moment game design constantly vacillates between fairly terrible and incredibly ingenious, the raw verve only grows more impressive the deeper you go. Lollipop Chainsaw has been Grasshopper Manufacture's best selling game, proving once again that sex sells. But if you look up this game's skirt, you'll see that punk's still not dead.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 am

Segata wrote:Guwange
Gunstar heroes

Tell us about these. I know next to nothing about Guwange! Always good to hear people's thoughts about a game rather than just a list :)

Also, they might not be the best Irem games, but my favourite Irem games are Noobow and Hammerin' Harry for Game Boy.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 am

alienjesus wrote:
Segata wrote:Guwange
Gunstar heroes

Tell us about these. I know next to nothing about Guwange! Always good to hear people's thoughts about a game rather than just a list :)

Also, they might not be the best Irem games, but my favourite Irem games are Noobow and Hammerin' Harry for Game Boy.

Guwange is a Cave shooter(also kinda sounds like bad engrish trying to say Gun Range). Currently on sale for $2.50 on XBL as well as Ikagura. It's an alright shmup but eh not one of Caves best. It takes place in Feudal Japan and you shoot demons. Even tho a vertical shooter the screen does sometimes scroll horizontal. Oh and you can flip the screen if you want to turn the TV on the side. Still for 2.50 it's good fun. Also I meant to say Guardian Heroes. Not beaten Gunstar yet. I have trouble with it. Guardian I have beaten plenty on Saturn and 360. One of my fave games ever.
Return to General Gaming