Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Juan Aguacate »

A Boy and his Blob - PS4

This was the most boring puzzle game I've ever played. Add to that shitty boss fights, clunky controls, a complete lack of story, stupid AI from the blob, and the obnoxious voice of the brat you play as and it all amounts to a very shitty game from Wayforward

I never played the original, so I can't compare, but if it's anything like this remake than I'm glad I never played it

Also, I'm gonna come right out and say it, the art style sucks. It's bland and boring and I have no idea why the game got so much praise for it. The two protagonists have the most bland character designs I have ever seen in a game. The "boy" is some generic looking kid and there is nothing distinctive about this art style like you see from Akira Toriyama with Dragon Quest or the guys who did Castle Crashers, or even Dishwasher Dead Samurai. The game looks like shit. All the enemies and bosses look bland and boring too, most of them just being plain, boring, dark blobs. The game's look is lazy and half assed and anyone who can't see that has no real taste for visual art.

0 out of 10 for this snooze fest of a game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Juan Aguacate wrote:*snip*

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, of course, but I really enjoyed the game when I played on Wii.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Juan Aguacate wrote:A Boy and his Blob - PS4

This was the most boring puzzle game I've ever played. Add to that shitty boss fights, clunky controls, a complete lack of story, stupid AI from the blob, and the obnoxious voice of the brat you play as and it all amounts to a very shitty game from Wayforward

I never played the original, so I can't compare, but if it's anything like this remake than I'm glad I never played it

Also, I'm gonna come right out and say it, the art style sucks. It's bland and boring and I have no idea why the game got so much praise for it. The two protagonists have the most bland character designs I have ever seen in a game. The "boy" is some generic looking kid and there is nothing distinctive about this art style like you see from Akira Toriyama with Dragon Quest or the guys who did Castle Crashers, or even Dishwasher Dead Samurai. The game looks like shit. All the enemies and bosses look bland and boring too, most of them just being plain, boring, dark blobs. The game's look is lazy and half assed and anyone who can't see that has no real taste for visual art.

0 out of 10 for this snooze fest of a game.

I don't think we can ever get along. Adore this game so much. Played it on Wii and I can't imagine someone hating a game with a hug button! Game is awesome. Everything you said I feel is wrong. In bold made me laugh. Ok then mr elite! I have not played the game in a while so I am going to go play it and enjoy it with my no real taste for visual art. :lol:
Last edited by Segata on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

The game's look is lazy and half assed and anyone who can't see that has no real taste for visual art.

Your point has been painfully made. Everyone gets it. You gotta throw in a "if you don't agree with me you have NO TASTE" line? Come on, yo. Keep that stuff in YouTube comments. Smart people only here.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Don't think I will every beat all 3000+ stages so I am going to cheat.
I beat the EX and AC mode in Darius Burst CS on PS4. Damn fun.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:

The game's look is lazy and half assed and anyone who can't see that has no real taste for visual art.

Your point has been painfully made. Everyone gets it. You gotta throw in a "if you don't agree with me you have NO TASTE" line? Come on, yo. Keep that stuff in YouTube comments. Smart people only here.

Word RSG. This crap has no place here.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yikes. Let's all take a deep breath. No need to start the dog pile. Sometimes people get into rant mode when they don't like something. I know we are all guilty of crapping on stuff from time to time.

Yeah, you shouldn't starting making assumptions about other people if they like something you don't, but I chalked these comments as trying to be a YouTube personality and following the angry craze... Which again, I think is not cool.

People make stupid comments that they didn't necessarily intend to incite in others, it happens.

For the record, A Boy and His Blob is awesome.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Saint Bogus with the voice of reason.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I would like to know what video games Juan Aguacate does enjoy. From his posts I've seen, he tends to really not like the games he plays. Surely there's some vidja he enjoys.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

His posts remind me of those by Gamerforlife. Plays a lot of AAA and current gen stuff and hates it.

I mean, you'd see similar posts out of me if I played AAA and current gen games. But I have the sense to stay away from things that I'm almost guaranteed to dislike.