Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah Kings Quest 7 isn't bad, but it is in that late Sierra era of adventure games like Torin's Passage that just feels a little too different and needs some adjustment. It isn't bad by any means, but just a little weird. After that you gotta do 8!!! It is......... interesting.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

8 is on the docket, but it will be played with a guide. I love ARPGS, but when I last tried to play 8 it was painful.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

fastbilly1 wrote:8 is on the docket, but it will be played with a guide. I love ARPGS, but when I last tried to play 8 it was painful.

I will not judge you for that, especially later in the levels. I get a weird Ultima IX vibe from it.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:8 is on the docket, but it will be played with a guide. I love ARPGS, but when I last tried to play 8 it was painful.

I will not judge you for that, especially later in the levels. I get a weird Ultima IX vibe from it.

Ultima series is next in my play through of every title in a classic pc gaming series I never finished. Well Ultima or Quest for Glory. Luckily I beat U0 and U1 last year. And I have made headway in U2 and U7 in the near past.

New to me laptop is getting all the couch gaming that the Switch was getting...well until Mario Kart buggers everything up.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

fastbilly1 wrote:11. Bought it Saturday, finished all cups last night (on lowest difficulty). It is a step between Wipeout and Fzero and is an incredible title.

I have been playing this some the past week or two. When you say you beat all cups on lowest difficulty, do you mean the first set of cups that open up (I think there are 10 of them) or all 30 of them across the three categories of difficulty available? Does some kind of extra difficulty open up at the end that makes all 30 of them tougher? If the former, I suppose I will list this one as beaten too 8)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

fastbilly1 wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:

Ultima series is next in my play through of every title in a classic pc gaming series I never finished. Well Ultima or Quest for Glory. Luckily I beat U0 and U1 last year. And I have made headway in U2 and U7 in the near past.

New to me laptop is getting all the couch gaming that the Switch was getting...well until Mario Kart buggers everything up.

Do quest for glory!!!!! Have you played any before? All time favorite Sierra series.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

dsheinem wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:11. Bought it Saturday, finished all cups last night (on lowest difficulty). It is a step between Wipeout and Fzero and is an incredible title.

I have been playing this some the past week or two. When you say you beat all cups on lowest difficulty, do you mean the first set of cups that open up (I think there are 10 of them) or all 30 of them across the three categories of difficulty available? Does some kind of extra difficulty open up at the end that makes all 30 of them tougher? If the former, I suppose I will list this one as beaten too 8)

All 10 cups on lowest difficulty. I plan on beating them on the harder ones, but I consider it beaten.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's decent enough, but not amazing. The best thing about the game is the soundtrack, particularly the NES-style version of the OST.

https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/bloodra ... soundtrack
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 just finished the 360 mode and arcade mode. Now working on different characters.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

1. Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (PC)
2. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter* (PC)
3. Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (PC)
4. D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (PC)
5. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (PC)
6. Deadcore (PC)
7. Yakuza 4 (PS3)
8. Hyper Light Drifter (PC)
9. Doom 2: Valiant (PC)
10. Resident Evil 7 (PS4)
10. Doom 2: Ancient Aliens (PC)
11. Doom 2: Vanguard (PC)
12. Doom 2: Doom 2 The Way id Did (PC)
13. Doom 2: Community Chest Pack 4 (PC)
14. Doom: Doom The Way id Did (PC)
15. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (PC)
16. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (PC)
17. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)
18. Dishonored 2 (PC)
19. Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
20. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
21. Super Mario Land (GB)
22. Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
23. Mighty Final Fight (NES)

* replay

This was truly rad and a nice treat. The music was GODLY, was very easy to tell it was one of the Capcom veterans: http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Yuko_Takehara

Almost drained all the continues on the last level haha. Since it had two mid bosses and then the final boss. The final boss was actually pretty easy once you figure out his simple pattern. That said, I don't know how on Earth you could finish this without Guy! Hagger was fun to mess with and dealt series damage, but I found Guy to be the most useful with his edge on speed.

Somehow didn't even know this existed until like, last year or something. Must have been obscure, or very late NES? No idea. But it was definitely a cool quick look.

Makes me extra curious how awesome a Mega Man X NES release would have been. I mean, that's basically what the GBC Xtreme games are, but those two games probably could have been even cooler on the NES.