Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Xeogred »

Horizon looks amazing but probably not Zelda's level for me. For me personally Nioh, Nier, and Yakuza 0, and maybe Prey are bigger priorities. But for a new IP it looks incredible. What an onslaught. Anyone who still thinks this gen isn't good... I don't even know man. 2016 was amazing and 2017 already looks better.

I'm not really feeling the hype for Mass Effect Andromeda even though I loved the trilogy last gen. Even if it doesn't stick the landing, in this onslaught of S+ games it probably won't even bother me. A bit more skeptical "wait and see" mode on that one for me.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post.

I derived it from him writing this:
dsheinem wrote:I have even been generally uninterested in the also-excellent Breath of the Wild because I wanted to keep moving through this game more than pick up my Switch.

Which meant that he preferred H:ZD over BotW, as I believe I also would.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Exhuminator wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Not sure where you derived the last point from Dsh's post.

I derived it from him writing this:
dsheinem wrote:I have even been generally uninterested in the also-excellent Breath of the Wild because I wanted to keep moving through this game more than pick up my Switch.

Which meant that he preferred H:ZD over BotW, as I believe I also would.

Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective? You clearly made your mind up long ago. It's ok though. Everyone has their tastes and preferences.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective?

Because at the time I was the only one here saying as such. So it was nice to see another member express the same sentiment after having access to both games.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Exhuminator wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Why did you need Dave to reaffirm your perspective?

Because at the time I was the only one here saying as such. So it was nice to see another member express the same sentiment after having access to both games.

I have heard lots of praise for both games and rightfully so. Both are spectacular.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Ack

Post by Ack »

All those games you guys like suck. Except for Pong. Pong is love. Pong is life.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I have heard lots of praise for both games and rightfully so. Both are spectacular.

And I simply prefer one over the other. That doesn't equate to me saying BotW sucks. It's quite obviously a life affirming astoundingly amazing day one system selling blow your mind into itty bitty pieces Zelda of the century.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Exhuminator wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I have heard lots of praise for both games and rightfully so. Both are spectacular.

And I simply prefer one over the other. That doesn't equate to me saying BotW sucks. It's quite obviously a life affirming astoundingly amazing day one system selling blow your mind into itty bitty pieces Zelda of the century.

I wasn't saying you said Zelda sucks, nor was I inferring it. You were just expressing your opinion that you like one game you haven't played over another game you haven't played. No need for the snark. Both games are great.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Both games are great.

Both games are great, sure. I simply think one looks to be funner than the other. That's all there was to it. An expression of personal opinion. You could have left this alone at the obvious. But instead you chose to be passive aggressively snarky by questioning my belief and then undermining it with "you haven't played either". Never said I did. I haven't played either one. But I've played enough games to know if I'll like them by watching videos and reading reviews. That tends to come with experience after having played video games for almost 35 years now.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

They are, and for largely different reasons I would say. So much of the conversation really just stems from so many great releases in a short window of time that it seems like any discussion turns into playing favorites when it's really just a matter of limited time, if not money.

Realistically, as gamers, we all just win, with yet more stuff to add to the pile of games to get around to :lol:

That said, there's a lot of discussion and hype for BoTW relative to others, to a degree that literally the same game without Zelda in the title (or needing to justify $300+ in hardware purchases) might not have. Granted, it is just how the media cycle these days works.