Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by alienjesus »

TSTR wrote:As mentioned, LC is way less complex than some other 3rd-person action games like Bayonetta or DMC. The combat is fairly simple (and somewhat clunky at times), but the game just oozes charm and wacky humor. If you like B-movies at all, you'd probably enjoy it.

I get the impression it's likely more sophisticated than something like The Lord of the Rings: Return of The King on 6th gen consoles, but less so than Bayonetta or the likes.

I'll probably give it a go at some point.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

alienjesus wrote:
darsparx wrote:1.) Final Fantasy I - Yes I finally beat it. Pain in my butt all the way to the end. Got DoS version beginning of the month and on and off for the past week and a half I've been slogging away at it. Even without excalibur, haste and a slew of other things that I probably should've bought in game. Now that one can finally rest and I'm not reattempting that or the game+ anytime soon...

Holy shit!

This is proof that anything can happen

Two unbelievable things have happened in gaming. shenmue 3 and darsparx beating final fantasy. dreams do come true!

I am so proud of you Darsparx! Our little Sparkskster is allllll grown up now.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

darsparx wrote:1.) Final Fantasy I - Yes I finally beat it. Pain in my butt all the way to the end. Got DoS version beginning of the month and on and off for the past week and a half I've been slogging away at it. Even without excalibur, haste and a slew of other things that I probably should've bought in game. Now that one can finally rest and I'm not reattempting that or the game+ anytime soon...

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:Good feeling though right? White whale and all?

Isn't every video game a white whale to him?
Raz
16-bit

Post by Raz »

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Haha, doesn't that one usually make all those "Worst Game Covers Ever" lists?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

darsparx wrote:1.) Final Fantasy I - Yes I finally beat it.

Congratulations man. I'm accepting this as a good omen for the year.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

4. Sorcery! 4 | Android | WRPG | 2016 | 6hrs | 8/10

For a few years now, the game developer Inkle has been working to make video games out of the 1980's Fighting Fantasy offshoot series: "Sorcery!". The original books were a four part adventure, meant to be played through from beginning to end, with your character's growth and plot decisions permeating the entire experience as you made your way. The gamebooks themselves were seriously ambitious, and the video game adaptions even more so. The fact that Inkle pulled this off is truly a monumental task worthy of much respect. Some doubted Inkle could convert the entire four part adventure into a seamless continuous experience, but Inkle proved their mettle.

Your overall goal in the quest, is to retrieve the Crown of Kings from an evil Archmage from within his wicked fortress. How you get there, and how you handle the end result, is totally up to you. You could play through the entire series three times over, and have many different adventures each go around. That said, I found Sorcery! 4 to be a lesser entry in the saga, but it's a bit inevitable given how much complexity is involved by that point. My one big beef is Inkle removes the ability to rewind time once you get into the Archmage's fortress, a very disingenuous move considering all that came before. This was needlessly punitive and (given how difficult Sorcery! 4 is already) a bit much really. But I still enjoyed the experience all things considered.

I started my Sorcery! adventure back in 2015, with the very first entry, and have played through the entire series as it has been released on Android. The Sorcery! apps are easily the best gamebooks on any digital distribution service. If you are looking for an unforgettable, highly replayable, and incredibly epic adventure, look no further than embarking upon the Sorcery! series. But make sure you start with the very first book, jumping in anywhere else makes little sense and will rob you of a much richer experience. However, if you don't like to read (and I mean READ), then forget it, you'll be bored. The Sorcery! campaign is a totally cerebral experience, but one I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who truly loves fantasy RPGs.

Sorcery! 4 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jhac84QdpA

The Sorcery! series on Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.sorcery1
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.sorcery2
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.sorcery3
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.sorcery4

I've also heard this whole series is on Steam, but in my world Steam doesn't exist.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

oliviachesterton wrote:I am currently working on Mario Kart 7 on my 2DS, with the goal of getting a gold trophy in every cup. The 150cc level is surprisingly difficult. I must say that I find this game very engaging.

Welcome to the forums!

I played through Mario Kart 7 a couple of years ago, and it is the last Mario Kart game where I felt compelled to do everything. I love it, and IMO, it may be the best game in the series. I'm glad to hear that you are having a good time with it.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I'm not sure if I think Mario Kart 7 is the best in the series (for me that's either the N64 or DS version), but I think it's better than the Wii or Wii U versions. Definitely a must have 3DS title.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.