Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Sarge »

MrPopo wrote:Right, but you could limit it to sections that are impossible to cross without them. So you can force yourself to do the blocks in Heat Man's stage, for example, instead of Item-2'ing over the pit.

Haha, I was thinking about that... I've done it before, but it suuuuuucks.

Exhuminator wrote:
Sarge wrote:I know the eternal argument is between it and the third game, but I just think MM2 takes the prize overall. (I still love MM3, though.)

What are people smoking? :lol: MM2 was a labor of love and it outclasses MM3. Not that MM3 is bad, it's good, but it's no MM2.

You'd actually be quite surprised. I've seen this argument play out before on other boards, and MM3 supporters are very vocal.

marurun wrote:Some people just love the slide. But I agree, MM2 is the pinnacle of the classic series.

Yeah, I think this is the majority of it, but there are aspects of MM3 that I really like. But that slide, though. It brings all sorts of mobility to boss fights that just makes things feel really, really good.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Out of curiosity, what did you think about Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MM9-10 are amazing.

MM3 is the best.

Deal with it.

MM7 sucks.

Mega Man & Bass is far better than 7-8 (and back in the emu days was referred to as MM9).

Mega Man was cooler than both Mario and Sonic.

MEGA MAN 4 LIFE
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I have some slightly unpopular opinions on classic Mega Man.

Mega Man 9 is far and away the best game in the series. It's hard as nails but it always feels like it's your fault for dying.

Of the ones I've played, Mega Man 3 is by far my least favourite - it has too many bits that felt unpolished or cheap to me, especially the boss robots.

I will say that Mega Man 2 is probably my favourite NES era Mega Man game though, so I agree with the consensus there at least.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Let me remind you mortals that I got Mr Perfect in Mega Man 10.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I don't like Mega Man games very much. Stiff and formulaic with a blue toddler in underwear. No thanks. Let me duck forcryinoutloud.

LOVE part two though. So sexy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Brush your teeth and work on those taste buds.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I think Bone only likes games where he can contact enemies to kill them. So Ys, Mario, Sonic, etc. Mega Man has to use a gun.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Y'alls are wrong. Megaman Legends is the best.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:I think Bone only likes games where he can contact enemies to kill them. So Ys, Mario, Sonic, etc. Mega Man has to use a gun.

I was gonna say, he wants to duck in Mega Man... I wish I could do -anything- besides run around in the original Y's. :P