Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Xeogred »

Hit up Momodora next.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Get an actual TurboGrafx-CD, download it on Wii or Wii U, whatever you need to do (I GUESS you can emulate on a PC if you're a punk-ass bitch), but play this version, man.

Let me get this straight; you're not a punk-ass bitch if you use Virtual Console emulation, but you are a punk-ass bitch if you use PC emulation?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Right, the rules are set up so that Elkin is not a punk-ass bitch.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Get an actual TurboGrafx-CD, download it on Wii or Wii U, whatever you need to do (I GUESS you can emulate on a PC if you're a punk-ass bitch), but play this version, man.

Let me get this straight; you're not a punk-ass bitch if you use Virtual Console emulation, but you are a punk-ass bitch if you use PC emulation?

You're not a punk ass bitch if you either play it on a physical release or if you use an emulation service by which the developers/publishers/current IP holders are properly paid.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Devs get paid = yay
Publishers/IP holders get paid = who gives a fuck, and this is the most likely case in situations like these

Also, shelling out for a physical release of some old game isn't getting anyone paid besides the person you bought it from.

My $0.02. Worth probably less than that.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

TSTR wrote:Devs get paid = yay
Publishers/IP holders get paid = who gives a fuck, and this is the most likely case in situations like these

The only reason I care about the latter is because if they see renewed or continued interest in a series, they might decide it's worth their time and money to publish more games.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Valid point. But I find the practice of "oh here y'all, buy this old game and maybe we'll do more related to it if it sells well enough" a little scummy. I don't know why.

EDIT: Now I remember why this practice turns me off. Darkstalkers.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

TSTR wrote:Valid point. But I find the practice of "oh here y'all, buy this old game and maybe we'll do more related to it if it sells well enough" a little scummy. I don't know why.

No, you're totally right. Unfortunately, just developers aren't usually enough - you need those publishers for a game to see the light of day. A necessary evil, so to speak. It's why I love devs that self-publish.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Somewhat related, but Nintendo's handling of the VC through the last decade across the Wii/U/3DS has been completely terrible. It should be about 10x better than it is.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
TSTR wrote:Valid point. But I find the practice of "oh here y'all, buy this old game and maybe we'll do more related to it if it sells well enough" a little scummy. I don't know why.

No, you're totally right. Unfortunately, just developers aren't usually enough - you need those publishers for a game to see the light of day. A necessary evil, so to speak. It's why I love devs that self-publish.

Amen.

And Nintendo's VC is purposefully setup to extract as much cash from the consumer as possible. Grimy? You be the judge. I don't use it, save for a couple of old Club Nintendo rewards.