Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I think you'd enjoy them, Exhuminator. They're reasonably atmospheric jaunts, and kinda deal with some similar subject matter to Shadow and Ash, what with all the ghosts and all. They're still not overly focused on inventory, they're more like visual novels with an adventure game presentation, but that's okay.

I actually hear they're going back to the world of Blackwell sometime soon. Not sure where I read it, though. :P
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

@alienjesus

Do you know if the Retron 5 supports the Sega "3-D" glasses? (I guess I could dig out my actual Master System if the answer is no). I have several of those games, but no glasses and I've thus never played them. I also have light gun games..... no light gun. :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

speaking of 3D glasses, my monitor is compatible with these Nvidia 3D glasses. I'm sort of intrigued... but not entirely sure what they're good for haha.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:but not entirely sure what they're good for haha.

Master System emulation obviously.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:@alienjesus

Do you know if the Retron 5 supports the Sega "3-D" glasses? (I guess I could dig out my actual Master System if the answer is no). I have several of those games, but no glasses and I've thus never played them. I also have light gun games..... no light gun. :lol:

Apparently they don't work with HDTVs, and the Retron only outputs HDMI, so they won't work.

You'll need your original Master System and a CRT television for both the 3D games and the lightgun ones.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Thanks playa.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:speaking of 3D glasses, my monitor is compatible with these Nvidia 3D glasses. I'm sort of intrigued... but not entirely sure what they're good for haha.

3D Vision pretty much supports the same things that 3D TVs could do, and allows for PC games to be in stereoscopic 3D - a fair number seem either supported or tested, at least, but I think you can use it to some degree on anything Direct3D.
It's basically something that nVidia has built into their drivers for a while now (started in 2008), but that requires a high refresh display to work. One of my old cards even included glasses, but I forget which >.>
Last edited by isiolia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Thanks playa.

They're awesome, BTW, and the 3D effect is amazing. I should bring my working pair with me the next time I am in Maine!
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Scott Pilgrim - PS3

So I played this solo a few times and then played it with a friend. The game can be brutally difficult and cheap, but it's definitely manageable with a maxed out character, a to go snack, and a buddy to resurrect you if all of that still can't keep you alive.

The game's not really super balanced for solo play, unless you grind up your character to brute force your way through the game, but with a friend or two it's a fun time.

The graphics are awesome, rivaling games like Shank and Castle Crashers. And the soundtrack puts Scott Pilgrim right alongside the Streets of Rage games as having one of the best beat 'em up soundtracks of all time

I kind of wish the power of love sword was unlockable, as it's so bad ass, but I feel guilty about ever using it since it requires a cheat code. At least I don't have to feel bad about using Mr. Chau since you actually have to EARN the right to use him. I love seeing him teleport around the screen kicking ass.

Everyone already knows about SP, so I'm not saying anything you guys don't already know. It's just a shame the game got de-listed. Here's hoping the SP creator's twitter comments about wanting a PS4 re-release bear some fruit one day, and it would be great if it could get a limited run games' physical release

Incidentally, I love the movie too, which seems to be a divisive opinion in some places. One day I need to read the comic, as the game seems to draw a lot from it.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Juan Aguacate wrote:The game's not really super balanced for solo play...

This was my issue with it.