Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:Kefka sucks

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and EarthBound are the holy trinity. Not just for SNES, not just for 16-bit, but for JRPGs in general.

Hell, those are essentially my top three favorite video games of all time.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:

I'm starting to think that line is a quote or something.

He really is lame to me. The story gets a bit uninteresting when the Emperor is taken out of the picture. In the WoR Kefka just sits in his tower doing nothing and is probably bored out of his mind. He won and that's a wrap. All the while ExDeath on the other hand wanted to destroy the entire universe, himself along with it. I'm going to have to say ExDeath is cooler. The last 1/4th of both FF4 and FF5 are way better than FF6's.

Kefka's good overall, but he is no Luca Blight or Albedo.
Flake

Post by Flake »

marurun wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think FFVI was the end all be all 16-bit RPG? Oh, this is the wrong thread for that opinion, isn't it...

More like wrong forum or planet for that opinion.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:Aladdin (Genesis)It's amusing that the Disney developed game here has swords, when Capcom's SNES version seems to be a bit more kid friendly.

This was developed by Virgin Interactive not Disney. Disney did some of the animation work though, which I think is what sets it apart from the SNES version.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

I'm starting to think that line is a quote or something.

He really is lame to me. The story gets a bit uninteresting when the Emperor is taken out of the picture. In the WoR Kefka just sits in his tower doing nothing and is probably bored out of his mind. He won and that's a wrap. All the while ExDeath on the other hand wanted to destroy the entire universe, himself along with it. I'm going to have to say ExDeath is cooler. The last 1/4th of both FF4 and FF5 are way better than FF6's.

Kefka's good overall, but he is no Luca Blight or Albedo.

Square has always been really bad at writing villains. At least they've always been bad at writing the ultimate villain. The smaller villains in between you and them are usually okay at least if not pretty good, but the ultimate evil guy always has either a nothing backstory (FFIX) or something so convoluted and complicated they need to make a completely new game to explain it (FFVII).

Yes I know there's some foil between Kefka and Celes where, during the magicite experiements on them, Celes lost her emotions and Kefka's went completely out of control, but I found that absolutely nowhere in the game in the very thorough runthrough I did a year or so back. I don't even know for sure if that explanation is canon (maybe it's only elaborated on in the Japanese release or something). Kefka is just mustache-twirling evil who wants to destroy the world because whatever.

I will clarify that he IS trying to destroy the world though.
He's waiting in the top of his tower, sure, but he's waiting for the world to finally die. He doesn't have the power to do it instantly, but by having the god-statues out of alignment like he has them, life cannot continue indefinitely.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Best Square villain ever:

Worst Square villain ever:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:Worst Square villain ever:

Nah... you need to play FF15. :|
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:Nah... you need to play FF15.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and EarthBound are the holy trinity.

I would sooner wipe my ass with those games than replay any of them. Especially EarthBound--Secret of Mana, and Illusion of Gaia, too.

/Edge