Games Beaten 2017

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2017

Post by Sarge »

The last Mario Kart I sunk a ton of time into was Mario Kart DS. That was a splendid game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:The last Mario Kart I sunk a ton of time into was Mario Kart DS. That was a splendid game.

Snake all over the place in the Dry Bomber.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I tried not to abuse that (I never was spectacular at snaking), but I have to admit it's a darn effective strategy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:I'm not sure if I think Mario Kart 7 is the best in the series (for me that's either the N64 or DS version), but I think it's better than the Wii or Wii U versions. Definitely a must have 3DS title.

I'd like to rank the series, but I have never beaten the GBA, N64, or NDS versions... :?

Also, goo Sorcery! reviews, Exhuminator. I have the first three games on my iPad, and I may take a shot at the first during my next break from DQVII. From a gameplay perspective, are they very different from traditional JRPGs? I think so, but I would like to be sure before diving in during my next break from a JRPG.
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

If you liked the SNES game, then you'll love Super Circuit.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I'd like to rank the series, but I have never beaten the GBA, N64, or NDS versions... :?

I've beaten every Mario Kart (other than GP1 & GP2), so here's my greatest to least greatest...

Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Kart Wii

I've never played a Mario Kart I didn't at least partially enjoy, it's an amazing series overall.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I've played most of them myself and agree with those ratings. Double Dash was a nightmare.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Embarrassingly, I've only beaten two: DS and Super Circuit. Wait, wait, I think I may have finished Double Dash. Weird that y'all don't like it, because that game got tons of praise. What was the biggest problem with it?

EDIT: Crap, I might have finished MK64. It all runs together in my head. It's not a series I really value that much. :shock:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I've heard Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing might beat the series to its own game. I've been wanting to check that one out sometime.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Double Dash was lots of fun. I played it a ton in college with other people in the dorm.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.