Super Mario Run

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Super Mario Run

Post by dsheinem »

Has anyone else been playing Super Mario Run? I am genuinely surprised and impressed by the game, and it is far and away the best iOS platformer I've played. Well worth the $10...it feels like a perfect marriage of game design and hardware platform.

I can see working to clear out all the black coins over many long hours :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Super Mario Run

Post by noiseredux »

I tried it briefly on my wife's phone. Just the 3 level free demo version. It seems fun enough. Certainly controls well. And definitely feels like a legit Nintendo game. When it hits Android I'll most likely use some Google credit I have to purchase the whole thing.

To be honest, I'd probably have bought it no matter what: I really want to express (with my wallet) to Nintendo that they should be publishing games on non-Nintendo hardware.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

When SMR comes to Android, I'll eventually get it. I hope SMR allows you to rotate the phone into landscape mode. That would make more sense for a platformer. While I personally don't find the concept of Super Mario Run to be super intriguing*, I am glad to see Nintendo developing mobile games. I'm hoping they'll use the platform to produce more experimental or riskier things, given the lower cost of development. Who knows, maybe they'll finally make a new F-Zero!

*I mean after having played these first:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rayman- ... 31449?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rayman- ... 11530?mt=8
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

no landscape mode, which surprised me at first too. But the levels are designed to be pretty vertical, and the screen seems to zoom in/out depending on what's going on. It feels more comfortable than it sounds.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'm stuck waiting for the Android version though I really love what I've seen of it so far.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am in the android queue but I am excited for it. Everything I see is good.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I have read that it is much too short for a $10 game...but I will probably buy it anyway. :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I have read that it is much too short for a $10 game...but I will probably buy it anyway. :lol:

maybe short as far as number of levels, but I think it's meant to be approached as a game where you keep replaying levels to improve your score. Of course, the ratio of dollars-to-hours a game is worth is subjective to each gamer. So whatever. Like I said, I'm gonna buy it when it hits Android because it seems fun enough, and I totally want to support the concept of Nintendo published Android games.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Played the demo stages moments ago, it is a neat game but it is not for me. My love of Mario cannot overshadow my hatred of not being able to control my character. Playing it on an Ipad Air probably doesnt help.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

noiseredux wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I have read that it is much too short for a $10 game...but I will probably buy it anyway. :lol:

maybe short as far as number of levels, but I think it's meant to be approached as a game where you keep replaying levels to improve your score. Of course, the ratio of dollars-to-hours a game is worth is subjective to each gamer. So whatever. Like I said, I'm gonna buy it when it hits Android because it seems fun enough, and I totally want to support the concept of Nintendo published Android games.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they expanded it at some point as well.