Super Mario Run

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Super Mario Run

Post by Michi »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Three cheers for the vidya games! Come join me on on the super hype train!

All Aboard!

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:The day Tanooki has a happy post is the end of the world.

+1

I'm too much of a paranoid mess about any game on my mobile draining my battery to the point where my phone will be dead in a situation where I really need it to ever pick this up. However, it is good to hear that people are enjoying this! Makes me excited for a Nintend-mobile (Nindendobile?) game that will be worth giving my life-granting battery for ;p

Also, I'm also on the Android train 5ever, so I can't download it even if I wanted to :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Xeogred wrote:The day Tanooki has a happy post is the end of the world.

+1

I'm too much of a paranoid mess about any game on my mobile draining my battery to the point where my phone will be dead in a situation where I really need it to ever pick this up. However, it is good to hear that people are enjoying this! Makes me excited for a Nintend-mobile (Nindendobile?) game that will be worth giving my life-granting battery for ;p

Also, I'm also on the Android train 5ever, so I can't download it even if I wanted to :P

Great point about the battery life. I will most likely be playing at home, but I would be curious to know how it stacks up?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

battery is why I never really play games on my Android phone, just tablet. The exception being GearVR, and you can actually be charging with that.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Look I get I'm hated here, but is it really necessary in this thread about a Mario game of all things? I suppose at least this way it's not a post of its own that could get someone in trouble for direct trolling right?

Don't say I'm paranoid either as I've got friends on this site who have PMd me or actually verbally(called or otherwise) have pointed that out too with some level of surprise. I'll just say what I said then. I'm not surprised, I don't take it personally, and I just accept it and don't care other than I find it uncool with a thread being misdirected over it.

I have no will, I went ahead and just paid for it this morning. I figure with the 3 rounds of coins (if I bother) along with just the stages alone it'll take some time. I'm not a fan of speed running and having a lack of d-pad control makes it a bit more challenging.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Look I get I'm hated here, but is it really necessary in this thread about a Mario game of all things? I suppose at least this way it's not a post of its own that could get someone in trouble for direct trolling right?

Don't say I'm paranoid either as I've got friends on this site who have PMd me or actually verbally(called or otherwise) have pointed that out too with some level of surprise. I'll just say what I said then. I'm not surprised, I don't take it personally, and I just accept it and don't care other than I find it uncool with a thread being misdirected over it.

I have no will, I went ahead and just paid for it this morning. I figure with the 3 rounds of coins (if I bother) along with just the stages alone it'll take some time. I'm not a fan of speed running and having a lack of d-pad control makes it a bit more challenging.

I hope you enjoy it. It looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait for the release on Android phones.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Tanooki wrote:Look I get I'm hated here, but is it really necessary in this thread about a Mario game of all things? I suppose at least this way it's not a post of its own that could get someone in trouble for direct trolling right?

You got me all triggered with your Zelda stuff. :twisted:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Oh noes not triggered! I still stand by what I said though, I don't get bothered by the content or intent, I've accepted things, but I guess in a way I dislike it a little when it derails someones thread. Setup a war room and take it there or make a thread I guess if people are that 'triggered' by my existence.

Super Mario Run, at least with me going into 2-1 so far as I want to do it slowly, it's not bad. I dislike 'run' games and barely tolerate any of them really though I did dig Temple Run 2 for a time, it doesn't feel like it. I guess it's the difference perhaps of the so called Nintendo magic vs some IAP startup looking for a gem grabbing cash-in, but it just doesn't feel that way. Sure there's no d-pad, but it handles in a way you almost don't miss it. And sure it looks small from the get-go, but when you factor in just coin grabbing/clearing alone sure it is. But, what if you want the 3 layers of colored coins? That's some time involvement there as you need to learn where they are from repeated runs, then snag them. Miyamoto was all giggly about it, maybe more to do even if you clear all that on all stages too.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Oh noes not triggered! I still stand by what I said though, I don't get bothered by the content or intent, I've accepted things, but I guess in a way I dislike it a little when it derails someones thread. Setup a war room and take it there or make a thread I guess if people are that 'triggered' by my existence.

Super Mario Run, at least with me going into 2-1 so far as I want to do it slowly, it's not bad. I dislike 'run' games and barely tolerate any of them really though I did dig Temple Run 2 for a time, it doesn't feel like it. I guess it's the difference perhaps of the so called Nintendo magic vs some IAP startup looking for a gem grabbing cash-in, but it just doesn't feel that way. Sure there's no d-pad, but it handles in a way you almost don't miss it. And sure it looks small from the get-go, but when you factor in just coin grabbing/clearing alone sure it is. But, what if you want the 3 layers of colored coins? That's some time involvement there as you need to learn where they are from repeated runs, then snag them. Miyamoto was all giggly about it, maybe more to do even if you clear all that on all stages too.

He was playing there Tanooki. Just relax.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I didn't mean it in a mean way. I was just supporting the observation that you're one of the most dour and skeptical about things on the site. It takes a lot to get you excited for something: It's part of your charm and you wouldn't be you without it :wink:

I'm sorry if it came off as mean though :cry:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me