I can't ID this Capcom bobble head

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Tanooki
Next-Gen

I can't ID this Capcom bobble head

Post by Tanooki »

Maybe you can? Maybe you can share this with NintendoAge or an equal Playstation site as I'm sure it has ties to something there. Maybe Maximo?

I don't have picture of mine, but it's this:
https://www.bluelips.com/pd_grim_reaper ... d-rare.cfm

I know they're morons asking $400 for it, but I'm curious what it is, why it exists, and what it could be worth as that price can not be real.

Under the base is a large yellow/baby blue CAPCOM sticker. Below is a bar code with a UPC, and above a silver metallic sticker: Distributing L.P. (top half) Creations(in the middle), and then (c) 2003 Adams Apple along the bottom half.

Bar Code is 718187119032

Sadly the one I have here the blade is busted off the pole, probably makes it worthless but still curious where it came from.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: I can't ID this Capcom bobble head

Post by Sarge »

Sure would seem like Death from Maximo. Not sure, though. Given the year, perhaps a promotional with Army of Zin?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I believe it's Death from Ghosts n Goblins series. It's not Maximo as that has a very different design. It just looks like they took Death from GnG with some liberties.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Segata wrote:I believe it's Death from Ghosts n Goblins series. It's not Maximo as that has a very different design. It just looks like they took Death from GnG with some liberties.

I don't know...

That looks pretty similar.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Segata wrote:I believe it's Death from Ghosts n Goblins series. It's not Maximo as that has a very different design. It just looks like they took Death from GnG with some liberties.

I don't know...

That looks pretty similar.

Go look up the design. No, they are not similar at all.
That is nothing like the bobblehead.
marurun

Post by marurun »

If it is a skeleton murderer figure modeled
from GnG it is highly stylized. Given the liberties taken it could just as easily be a poor interpretation of Grim from Maximo. Unless someone has some documentation specifically tying it to one property or another, we can only guess.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

It's not a licensed character or interpretation, it's just one of the Bopp'n Heads 2003 lineup, simply called Grim. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1844506219

How/why it has a Capcom sticker on it, hard to say - could be something that they gave out as a promo item maybe.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well thanks for the digging, that's more than I found with that worthpoint piece in that last post. I bet that is the case that Capcom probably for Army of Zin probably bought up a lot of them for promo suck up give away items and threw one of their corporate stickers on the base of it. That would be the most likely situation here, but at the same time impossible to prove leaving it as a curiosity, a broken one at that with the scythe blade gone.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I mean no offense segata when I say that you clearly haven't played the game. I have. It looks similar. You posted some Google image of concept art, I posted the box art and played the game. In the game, he looks nothing like your rendition and looks like the box art and... gasp... the bobblehead.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I mean no offense segata when I say that you clearly haven't played the game. I have. It looks similar. You posted some Google image of concept art, I posted the box art and played the game. In the game, he looks nothing like your rendition and looks like the box art and... gasp... the bobblehead.

I have played them as I own them on PS2. It's already been proven on the topic it's not from anything really but a generic doll used as a cheap promo gimmick.