2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: 2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:I've actually been wondering if I should start to focus on one system's backlog per year now (since I'm getting older and time is weird).

I thought you were doing that with PS4? :P

I kid, I kid. Glad you got a 3DS yo.
Xeogred wrote:Shadow Tower

I would LOVE for you to play through it. Far as I know I'm the only person on this forum who has. I need someone to share war stories with.
Xeogred wrote:At this point I bet I'm making people roll their eyes when I talk DQ... it's been years. I need a miracle.

If Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 version mind) doesn't do it for you, I doubt anything will.
Xeogred wrote:Might have to start doing more research and go for obscure titles now.

They tend to be better anyway.

---

I can update my goal list a tad...

1. Get my new dork cave setup and fully functional.

2. Beat Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

3. Beat Demon's Souls.

4. Beat The 7th Saga.

5. Beat at least five four THREE more Vita games.

Yeah I beat another Vita game last month. So maybe I can finish #5 after all! 7th Saga... I might push through and do it just to spite myself. I know I'm pretty far in that JRPG at this point. I just can't remember where I was, or what I was doing. Probably dying. Anyway at this point there's only about 47 days left of 2017, I naively optimistically think that's enough time to finish this list.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Well on that note, I think my idea there for focusing on one system backlog was dumb. This year I eliminated my PS3 backlog and only have a few PSX games left. Feels good dude. My PS2 is still the biggest backlog.

I'll still give Shadow Tower a shot since you and others claim it's closer to Demon's Souls. Maybe it'll click with me unlike King's Field.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies wrote:The main goal I have for 2017 is to get under 100 Unfinished Games. I am currently at 101, so I don't think it will be that hard. However, the hard part will be staying under 100 from now on. It would be so easy to just buy a few more and completely ruin it.

General Goal: Get Under 100 Unfinished Games Beat on 01-19-17

And just because, let's add some specific goals for each console:

1. NES = Beat Castlevania 3 Beat on 02-13-17
2. GEN = Beat a Season as Coach in Tecmo Super Bowl Beat on 07-04-17
3. SNES = Beat Final Fantasy V Beat on 07-07-17
4. N64 = Beat Conker's Bad Fur Day Beat on 03-22-17
5. DC = Beat Skies of Arcadia Beat on 12-03-17
6. PS1 = Buy A New Game Bought on 03-21-17
7. PS2 = Beat Xenosaga Beat on 05-09-17
8. GCN = Beat Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Beat on 09-14-17
9. XBOX = Complete Crimson Skies Completed on 01-25-17

With 28 days to spare, I finished all of my gaming goals for 2017!! I was a little afraid this year, but thankfully, my massive free time this summer helped along with tweaking my gaming schedule.

It is about to get that time, so I will need to begin thinking of my 2018 gaming goals. I have a few already brewing in my mind, but nothing set in stone just yet.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

My goal this year is the same as every other year:

1) play lots of games (currently have finished 207 games this year)

2) play through at least one game on every console, which after reviewing my list I realize I did not play any Saturn or orginal game boy games, I have a month to change that

Also every year I swear this will be the year I make an effort to beat battletoads, the one game I never legit beat, this is the year I finally did.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Markies wrote:With 28 days to spare, I finished all of my gaming goals for 2017!!

Congratulations man, great job!

I'm gonna have to be content with finishing 75% of mine, not too shabby. I'm already thinking of 2018's goals as well.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I think I only ended up finishing like two of my five or six 2016 goals, but I'll try this again!

1. Complete my Fire Emblem collection. I still need the Famicom original, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, and the Japan-exclusive DS one.

2. Beat the Witcher trilogy. I've got all three, and I've played through the first one, but I need to play 2 and 3.

3. Get at least a couple of Hyperscan games (along with a controller and power cord)

4. Finish the Fatal Frame series (this is a carry over from 2016 since I got hella slack)

5. Have a zero balance on my Amazon and SECU credit cards at literally any point during the year.

I am a miserable failure; I only completed one of my goals. #3 is getting dropped in 2018 because I just don't care anymore, and I may replace #4. #1 and #5 are definitely carrying over, though.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I didn't make any goals or resolutions, but I suppose my plan of maintaining over 100 games beaten came to fruition, anyway.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I've done a fairly bad job of keeping track of my progress here haha. I've sort of been keeping track in a word doc, but I've removed a lot of the games from the list that I wasn't enjoying much and didn't really keep track of what ones ha (I think I changed a few of them as well).

Anyway, here's my list currently (which originally was a list of 20 games):

1. Ar Tonelico 2 (PS2)
2. Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GC)
3. Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
4. Kirby Super Star (SNES emu)
5. 999 (Vita)
6. Yakuza 0 (PS4)
7. Atelier Meruru (PS3)
8. Dungeons of Dredmor (Steam)
9. Ys Origin (Vita)

So that's 5 games beaten, 11 games retired, and 4 left to go. Since I'm nearly finished Meruru and winter break is coming up, I might be able to finish those four off. I don't think any of them are super incredibly long... We'll see I guess :lol:

I also think I wanted to get the rest of the NA WiiU games that I wanted... Since I only have two left to go (LoZ: Twilight Princess HD and Paper Mario: Colour Splash), that's easily doable I think :D

I think I did a little better with my goals than in previous years, so I'm happy about that (even if I messed up my list a bit). I have to start thinking of some new goals for next year though ha.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

laurenhiya21 wrote:So that's 5 games beaten, 11 games retired, and 4 left to go. Since I'm nearly finished Meruru and winter break is coming up, I might be able to finish those four off. I don't think any of them are super incredibly long... We'll see I guess

I say prioritize Ys Origin.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I did horribly this year, accomplishing only a few of my goals. (It was a good year for non-gaming goals, however.) I think my goals for 2018 will be much more modest...