2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Post by fastbilly1 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Finish Kings Quest Series

I read that as "Kings Field" at first and was like "Damn, the whole series?? You got way more balls than me, bro."

Yeah no, I played the first one through about halfway earlier this year. They are so not my style of games, though I was glad I gave it a shot.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

1. Beat 3 games in order to buy 1
This is the complicated one. Basically, I'll randomly select a game from my backlog using the backloggery's fortune cookie function. Then I'll choose 2 other unbeaten games for that console. I have to beat those 3 games before I can buy another. This means I beat more than I buy, the random game means I play stuff I might not otherwise, choosing the other 2 gives me some degree of freedom, and sticking to once console focuses my playing more than usual.

2. Finish my alphabet marathon
Yeah, still a ways off finishing this. I'm only at game T.

3. Buy a Switch and one other new console
I'm thinking Sega Mega CD or SG1000. Maybe Wonderswan though!

And just because I know it will happen - exceptions to my beat 3 buy 1 rule:

- Gifts don't count (Christmas/birthdays)
- I'll make an exception for the 3 times a year retro market - however, I can't buy more games than I've beaten since the last market!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Beat more SNES RPGs.

Try to wrap up the final SNES fighters.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I read that as "Kings Field" at first and was like "Damn, the whole series?? You got way more balls than me, bro."

Unfortunately I'm the only person I know on the board who's done that. I'd be ecstatic if someone else did it too, just so we could rub balls together share war stories.

It's a bit early for me to make 2017 resolutions. But if I beat just one more Vita game this year, I will have fulfilled my 2016 goals. It could happen.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Exhuminator wrote:It's a bit early for me to make 2017 resolutions. But if I beat just one more Vita game this year, I will have fulfilled my 2016 goals. It could happen.

That's exactly why I picked easy resolutions.

Remind me to play through Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 this weekend to get that out of the way.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

alienjesus wrote:3. Buy a Switch and one other new console
I'm thinking Sega Mega CD or SG1000. Maybe Wonderswan though!

Be my SG-1000 homie. Though the Mega CD is very good too.

Unless you collect specific hardware and variants, choose a WonderSwan Color (or SwanCrystal, which is essentially a WSC with a superior screen) over the original WonderSwan. The best games were released for the Color and it's backwards compatible.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is pretty fun too. 8)
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is AMAZING.

I've been wanting to get an SG-1000. What's the going price these days for the console?
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I miss my NGPC, went with most of my collection in the forced sell off earlier last decade. I want another, but truth be told the library is small and inflated with fighting games (SNK go figure.) I just can't see getting the value out of it enough to justify. If I ever wandered into one locally in nice shape and it was a really nice (not ebay) price I would get back into it no doubt as I wouldn't be able to make myself sell it then and there. :\
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've got most of the NGPC games I'll ever want. I mean, there's a couple, but they're not high priority. I've got Faselei!, and that's the biggest one that matters in my book.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I've contemplated adding one system to my collection but I'm not sure what it'd be at this point. TG16 sounds awesome, and so does neo geo. I'd love to find a genny and add a sega cd to it(which genny library needs some improvement only have about 4-5 games on that one and they're probably not stellar titles either). But saturn is probably out of the question XD

Maybe I should just focus on genny and the systems I have. Especially since I"ve been getting a hankering for a good shmup or run n' gun(which the latter I need to find contra and turican for and the only ones I have that fit is that metal slug anthology MJ sent me in one of the bundles I bought from him). Those are two genres I'd love to get into. There's a lot of weird genres I'd love to get into to. I probably should dig through my sports rpg thread from awhile back and dig some stuff out of that too.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out though since second half of the year I'll be transferring up to uni and hopefully living on campus. Especially since there I should get some decent aid like I have this year I hope....
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?