2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: 2017 Gaming goals and resolutions

Post by Markies »

Markies wrote:The main goal I have for 2017 is to get under 100 Unfinished Games. I am currently at 101, so I don't think it will be that hard. However, the hard part will be staying under 100 from now on. It would be so easy to just buy a few more and completely ruin it.

General Goal: Get Under 100 Unfinished Games Beat on 01-19-17

And just because, let's add some specific goals for each console:

1. NES = Beat Castlevania 3 Beat on 02-13-17
2. GEN = Beat a Season as Coach in Tecmo Super Bowl Beat on 07-04-17
3. SNES = Beat Final Fantasy V Beat on 07-07-17
4. N64 = Beat Conker's Bad Fur Day Beat on 03-22-17
5. DC = Beat Skies of Arcadia
6. PS1 = Buy A New Game Bought on 03-21-17
7. PS2 = Beat Xenosaga Beat on 05-09-17
8. GCN = Beat Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
9. XBOX = Complete Crimson Skies Completed on 01-25-17

I have beaten Final Fantasy V!

DreamCast - This could be difficult. I have to finish Sonic Adventure and then start and beat Giga Wing beforehand. I am hoping to start it over the summer. Hopefully, I will beat it by the end of the year.

GameCube - It is really good, but also very long. I think I am about to start the 5th Dungeon, maybe about 50% of the way through the game, thanks to AlienJesus.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Are you planning to 100% Sonic Adventure or just beat as Sonic?

You can beat the game as 4 characters IIRC, then unlock Gold Sonic as well. They all vary and one is much shorter. I haven't 100% it since 2000 or so.

True story, I had a girlfriend break up with me (we were already on the fritz & I kinda thought we were alreasy done) on the phone while I playing SA. I had just unlocked Gold Sonic. I never hit pause :lol:... kept on playing. I remember her saying "are you seriously playing games right now!?" It hit me hours later & I couldn't stop laughing. Good times.

The game blew my mind when it first came out. I still think it looks pretty nice. I like this one although many don't.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I don't think I will be 100% Sonic Adventure. Apparently, the Emblems are rather difficult and there is much more to the game than what meets the eye.

But, I will be playing through with every character. I beat it as Sonic and I felt like I hardly touched the game. So, now I have beat it as Tails and am about 50% of the way through Knuckles.

Each character gets progressively shorter, so I don't think I have much left. I have the rest of Knuckles, Amy, the big cat and then the robot.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Markies wrote:I don't think I will be 100% Sonic Adventure. Apparently, the Emblems are rather difficult and there is much more to the game than what meets the eye.

But, I will be playing through with every character. I beat it as Sonic and I felt like I hardly touched the game. So, now I have beat it as Tails and am about 50% of the way through Knuckles.

Each character gets progressively shorter, so I don't think I have much left. I have the rest of Knuckles, Amy, the big cat and then the robot.

Fat cat was the really short one I was thinking of. I remember the robot 0%! Maybe a video would jog my memory. I need to play it again I guess :).

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Big the Cat is fast, basically a few fishing games if I remember right. The robot has just a few supplemental stages around the story and Amy is a bit up from that. It gets larger with Knuckles, then Tails, and obviously Sonic with the most.

I may at some point have to play the game again, Gamecube side as I've let the Dreamcast and other things go as I'm trimming things away.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Tanooki wrote:Big the Cat is fast, basically a few fishing games if I remember right. The robot has just a few supplemental stages around the story and Amy is a bit up from that. It gets larger with Knuckles, then Tails, and obviously Sonic with the most.

I may at some point have to play the game again, Gamecube side as I've let the Dreamcast and other things go as I'm trimming things away.

How high is compatibility when booting GCN images on the Wii or do you own the disc?

I'm trying to go digital image loading on real hardware mods as much as possible on oXbox, PS2, & PSX. Doing similar for NES, SNES, SMS, GEN but with EverDrives.

Eventually, I'll do the same for Wii, GCN, & PSP. Those are all systems & libraries I've sold but wouldn't mind jumping back in for image loading someday. Too many projects already right now :).

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Never had a hacked Wii, couldn't say. The couple times I've had it were full retail copies, first when new, then years later a 2nd time used complete.

I'd ask mas, he has a fully hacked Wii with a ton of GC+Wii games on a hard drive he'd know. And if you saw he's selling all his systems, accessories, and everdrives to those consoles too as he's fed up and going Pi3 box instead other than keeping the hacked Wii and Saturn I think. He'll have your answers.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I was doing well. Then I bought a PC Engine CD on impulse at a retro game store. Oh well, no regrets.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Tanooki wrote:Never had a hacked Wii, couldn't say. The couple times I've had it were full retail copies, first when new, then years later a 2nd time used complete.

I'd ask mas, he has a fully hacked Wii with a ton of GC+Wii games on a hard drive he'd know. And if you saw he's selling all his systems, accessories, and everdrives to those consoles too as he's fed up and going Pi3 box instead other than keeping the hacked Wii and Saturn I think. He'll have your answers.

Yeah there's a Wii mod thread in the hacks & mods subform, but it's mostly aimed at emus & Wii isos. CRT has a good thread on GCN portion. I've just never seen a compatibility list. OPL on PS2 is probably 95% compatible. oXbox .xbe loading is 100% as far as I know.

I'be been VERY SLOWLY going digital where applicable for me and trimming the collection but I'm definitely not "out." I'll buy another Wii in a few years when my son is older if he seems to be enjoying first party Nintendo titles. Hard to ignore the ability to load digital Wii & GCN games! Then again, there are 100s of kids titles on my existing systems.

Now the PSP is for me :P

I just had multiple projects recently between ever tweaking my modded PS2 & oXbox, along with getting into Android emulators & DOSbox. Decided to take a step back & enjoy my "finished" projets for a bit! Tinkering is half the fun, but I ultimately still love playing games. For that reason I decided to put off the Wii & PSP projects for the time being.

I got lost for several hours on Wednesday DLing abandonware & booting up titles in DOSbox. I could spend years on that alone.

Also, selling & packaging takes time. A lot of free time at night has gone to that over the past 13 months or so.

I think it's important to remember to actually enjoy the games too :P

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I was doing well. Then I bought a PC Engine CD on impulse at a retro game store. Oh well, no regrets.

Same move I pulled with the Dreamcast, and then weeks later a Wii. Hopefully unlike me you realize it's something you really do wish to use and keep, otherwise well you know how it goes. My DC is out of here, the Wii is under strong consideration too.

Jago I've gone digital lite, staying that way with it. I've got a Neo Geo Pocket SD Kit because some english games prices suck, plus it's handy but I'd still buy a good game or two for it. I also have a Super Everdrive DSP model coming, same can be said for SNES but I can not recall the last time I bought a SNES cart, probably mid or early 2016 up until snatching Rockman 7 yesterday for cheap sitting next to a $400 copy of Mega Man 7 (a true motivator, as was popping on the kit too.) Bah on that.