Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Spooky time games for spooky times.

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Midway's Xenophobe - more fun than I remember!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Instead of posting what I wanna play I might just post what I actually did play as I go through some. I do know most likely Corpse Party Blood Drive & Metro Redux at least. I seen the GnG for TR month but since upgrading my vita card I lost my save and not sure if I'm ready to tackle it again just yet. Little hint I'm predominantly a PS1 & PS4 collector nowadays.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:43 pm

played a bit of Nightcry, but very confused. Just wondering around the first floor - not sure what I'm supposed to do to advance the story.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 am

Last night I played Hellnight and Echo Night for PS1, using ePSXe for Android on my Droid Turbo 2. I put about an hour into both games. Hellnight I'm not totally sold on so far, the gameplay consists of avoiding a menacing monster while traversing boring mazes and solving simple puzzles. I'll give it a little more time tonight, and see if it manages to click, before writing it off. I had a better time with Echo Night though, an adventure game where you interact with ghosts on a ship to solve mysteries. You also have to avoid a creepy ghost who saps your life if it catches you in darkness. Pretty high production values for a late 90s' FromSoftware game.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 am

Exhuminator wrote:Last night I played Hellnight and Echo Night for PS1, using ePSXe for Android on my Droid Turbo 2. I put about an hour into both games. Hellnight I'm not totally sold on so far, the gameplay consists of avoiding a menacing monster while traversing boring mazes and solving simple puzzles. I'll give it a little more time tonight, and see if it manages to click, before writing it off. I had a better time with Echo Night though, an adventure game where you interact with ghosts on a ship to solve mysteries. You also have to avoid a creepy ghost who saps your life if it catches you in darkness. Pretty high production values for a late 90s' FromSoftware game.

Yeah man, the Echo Night series is awesome. It's a shame they appeared to have stopped after the third one and only released two in the US. I'd have loved to play more.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Aliens Versus Pinball
Alone In The Dark
Friday the 13th*
Ghosts N Demons
Layers Of Fear
Mortal Kombat XL
Nightcry
Resident Evil 0 HD
Umbrella Corps

I don't know if I'll really find the time to play all of this stuff as much as I'd like to, but I'm just keeping a rolling list of stuff that I'm interested in getting to this month. The goal isn't necessarily to beat all this stuff this month (because I'm realistic), but to at least play it enough to form opinions and have something to say about each one.

I crossed off Umbrella Corps because I had to stop playing it for technical reasons. (See the link to my site in my signature).

I added Layers Of Fear and Mortal Kombat XL to the list. Layers Of Fear I had just completely forgotten about. MKXL hit PC yesterday and has Jason, Leatherface, Predator and a Xenomorph as a playable characters, so fair game as spooky game!

Friday The 13th is on the list assuming it releases this month. There's no announced date yet but it's been long rumored to be coming this month.

I keep meaning to fire up Alone In The Dark, but I really need to psyche myself up for that one. I've played a bit of Nightcry (or Clock Tower 6 as I like to call it).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Still plugging through the old stuff. Frankenstein's Monster, which I have beaten before, is especially brutal as it features what I call "second gen jumping." That is, you can't make any adjustments once you take off - you simply move in a fixed arc. This makes the final level quite tricky, as it features moving platforms.

Ghost Manor should be arriving at my house today, which I'm excited about. Apparently this is one of those rare Atari games that actually features distinct levels and an ending.

Hey I'll make a list like noise.

Haunted House
Gremlins

Ghost Manor
Alien
Xenophobe
Frankenstein's Monster
Ghost House
Dracula II: Noroi no Fūin / Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Ghosts 'n Goblins
D
Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi

Probably too ambitious to get through all this in a month, but some of 'em can be played in November or rolled over to 2017.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:05 pm

I played a few spooky games last night, but I obviously chose poorly since I didn't like any of them that much :| I don't think the games were bad or anything, just didn't mesh well with my tastes.

What I played:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Just kind of slow for my tastes I guess? Nothing about it was particularly interesting to me, other than my want to try and glitch out of bounds.

Lone Survivor - Got really stuck early on. Nothing really stuck out as interesting either.

They Bleed Pixels - Why did I play a difficult platformer when I don't like difficult platformers? :|

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion - Why did I play a game with a lot of jump scares when I really don't like jump scares? :| Out of the ones I played yesterday, I liked this one the most. I could maybe give it another try, but at the same time there doesn't seem to be much to it.

I don't have too many other spooky games, but here's what I have left that I could try:
Bioshock?
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Dino Crisis?
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil 4
Teleglitch
The Thing
Until Dawn

And that's about it unless there is something interesting that I can emulate. Not sure which I'll try next, but I'll probably play something after I recover a bit from my surgery this week.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 pm

I've tried several times to get into the original Amnesia, but I can't. The visual effects are super annoying to me too.

Machine for Pigs is worth checking out. It's more of a "walking simulator" I guess, but I really liked it.

SOMA is their masterpiece though.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Xeogred wrote:
SOMA is their masterpiece though.

I'm 4-5 hours in on this one now. It is stellar.
Return to General Gaming