Spooky time games for spooky times.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Spooky time games for spooky times.

Post by Exhuminator »

Dino Crisis 2 is great, a very fun game. It is not however, a survival horror as the first Dino Crisis leaned towards being. It's more an action-adventure game that kicks ass, and not enough people played it, because the first Dino Crisis was kinda meh. Fun fact: Shu Takumi directed Dino Crisis 2. You know, the guy who invented Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick? Yeah, that guy.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Both Dino Crisis' are fun, but I haven't beaten either of them so I'm not sure what that says. I got really far in the first one though, it seemed pretty long for this style. I mean, I think dinosaurs are cooler than zombies, but I hit that wall where it's like I'd rather just replay another RE again instead (just way better made games). But in retrospect these two might be better than RE3 though... love the Nemesis, but RE3 is a little lazy and tiresome when I revisit it sometimes.

casterofdreams wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I keep holding out on a nice remaster collection of those, but seems like EA is against doing that for Mass Effect so I won't hold my breath.

You don't have to hold it for long if you did. Rumors are flying around that they may do a Mass Effect remaster.

The thing with Dead Space is that the third game did poor in terms of sales and wasn't as strong with reviewers. That can hurt its chances one being made. If they do a remaster, they should do a massive collectors thing that included the three games, the XBLA hacking game, that light gun game, and the animated movie and shorts. One can wish.

Well I say that since, one top EA exec said they were wanting to do a Mass Effect trilogy remaster, but then some other top exec guy came out and basically said nope. So I have no idea what to believe.

It's so weird Dead Space 3 did bad. It's an amazing game and looks insane for last gen. The microtransactions weren't that invasive and you can easily play without, it's nothing you don't see today... and the way it integrated co-op so subtly was really impressive. Playing solo you can't even tell. The human enemies were not a bother either. Those are basically the main complaints I've seen, which just don't seem justified at all to me. It's good!
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Well the big problem i had with the Dead Space 3 that made me quit it after 1-2 hour's was that it tries so hard to be like hollywood blockbuster and that's not what the Dead Space 1 was.

Not saying that Dead Space 1 didn't have explosives and shit but Dead Space 3 is like boom,boom,boom,BOOM!.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I'm stopped at the inverted castle in SOTN, does that count?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Castlevania in general is def inspired by the old Hammer stuff, right? Fair game.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I don't normally take part in this thread as I don't tend to have many horror themed games to play.

This year is an exception though, so hopefully I'll manage to find time to play through a couple of these:

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (Wii U)
Catherine (PS3)
Resident Evil HD Remake (PS3)
Resident Evil 0 HD Remake (PS3)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
Grabbed By The Ghoulies (XBox)
Freak Out (PS2)
Koudelka (PS1)
Splatterhouse 2 (Mega Drive)
Samurai Ghost (PC Engine)
Castlevania (NES)

A few of these might be pushing the halloween theme abit, like Catherine. Freak Out is a bit of a stretch (hurhurhur) too.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:Resident Evil HD Remake (PS3)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
Koudelka (PS1)
Splatterhouse 2 (Mega Drive)
Castlevania (NES)

I'll personally vouch for all those being great games. If you've never played them, you're in for a good time.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I LOL'd at Catherine, but I mean - nightmares, so sure.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

noiseredux wrote:I LOL'd at Catherine, but I mean - nightmares, so sure.

Hey! Girls are scary!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I LOL'd at Catherine, but I mean - nightmares, so sure.

Hey! Girls are scary!

The man's not wrong :lol:

I'#d say it's more horrifying than Grabbed By The Ghoulies either way :lol:

But probably less horrifying than actually being grabbed by the goolies.