Next-Gen

Re: Spooky time games for spooky times.

by noiseredux Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Isolation.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Sounds like a good time to replay Demon's Crest. Or get around to actually trying to give an honest attempt at Sweet Home.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Always a good thread.

And I just got to thinking... I believe I may own the first "horror game" ever developed.

I've been meaning to finish The Count for the longest time. And damn do I need to get around to buying a physical copy of Sweet Home.

Some suggestions for y'all. I may hit one or two of these up come October.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 pm

A lot of solid picks so far. And I too need to finish Sweet Home someday (I made it about 75% of the way through many years ago). Such a unique experience, and legit creepy at times.

Anyway, I plan to update my progress in this thread as I begin to play my spooky picks (all throughout October). I hope you all do the same.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:01 pm

I already jumped the gun starting up a Resident Evil marathon. But it'll be a few I haven't played before and then some I'm buying again (Capcom sucker) with the new PS4 remasters.

The irony is after blasting through REmake again, both campaigns back to back, I almost just want to keep playing that one to break it down further to learn how to speed run it and get some of the weirder trophies. It's arguably very Metroidvania in design, so I can see it being fun to tear apart and figure out all of the intricate little things about it and systematic runs.

Plans:
Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS3)
* Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Now Playing
* Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Now Playing
* Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
Resident Evil 6 (PS4)

Thinking about:
Resident Evil Zero (Origins, PS4)
Resident Evil Code Veronica HD (PS3)

* New, never played before.

The rest I've played before. Zero and CV are lower on the totem, but I'm up for giving them another shot. After REmake I'm actually craving the classic styled games. But I'm excited for the later ones too. I might just play them in any random order, I'm excited to get to RE5 asap. Yeah, you read that right. RE5 is godly.

Also, for any long time fans really versed in RE1... I just realized the version I own is the Director's Cut Dual Shock version. Which has a completely different score... or how's this for a nightmare? I seriously don't recall any of this wacky music and thought for sure I played the original version with the original music. I've always liked the original save theme even more than REmake's version. So what the hell? I guess it's been about 10 years. Either I'm getting old, or some kind of Total Recall thing happened here where this entire time I've had totally faulty memories of which version I played. I grew up on RE2 and RE3, so RE1 was one I played later and have only beaten once.

This was a funny comparison I made:
- Resident Evil: Director's Cut: DualShock OST - Entrance To The Laboratory
vs
- Original/First Director's Cut Version of that area

:shock:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showth ... ifferences

tl;dr RE1 has three versions. I might try to grab the original release of RE1 or the first NON-dual shock Director's Cut to check out as well. I could probably blast through it real quick since I know the mansion so well now.

I also want to pickup the Xbox versions of Silent Hill 4 and Fatal Frame 2. Maybe Silent Hill 2 as well, or I might get the PS3 HD collection of 2-3 which sounds decent now after some patches and you can still play with the original voices thankfully. I worship this series now but only just got into it finally 2-3 years ago. I have since then played Silent Hill 2 and 3 twice. But I want to hit up 4 again and sounds like the Xbox version is the best.

I'm also thinking about replaying the original Condemned. The 360 version is basically unplayable now haha, like 15FPS... but I have it on PC too. I loved it but it's been ages, so it'd be fun to revisit.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Dead Space 1 & 2 are easy pics for me.

Lights out and surround sound!
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am going to go way out of my comfort zone this year and play some spooky games. I have Resident Evil Remake on ps3 and will be attempting that. The real question is... Chris or Jill.

Jill's campaign is a bit more easy since you get some exclusive items, better weapons early in the game and two more blocks on your inventory. And since the remake is harder than the original you will need that.

For me i will replay splatterhouse on the PS3, since a system died on me and i lost my data, and will try to unlock and beat all 3 classic games as well.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:04 pm

I keep holding out on a nice remaster collection of those, but seems like EA is against doing that for Mass Effect so I won't hold my breath.

The ultimate version of the RE1 save theme... ughhhhhhhhh! PERFECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nKeAxJMGI
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:10 pm

I'll vouch for Haunted House, pretty rad game.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am

I wish Haunting Ground was affordable. Always wanted to play that one.
Return to General Gaming