3DS & Vita state of the union poll.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else

Does the 3DS/Vita generation live up to DS/PSP?

The 3DS/Vita generation is better than the DS/PSP gen was.
10%
The 3DS/Vita generation is about as good as the DS/PSP gen was.
30%
The 3DS/Vita generation is not as good as the DS/PSP gen was.
55%
The 3DS/Vita generation pales in comparison to mobile offerings.
No votes
The 3DS/Vita generation sucks because handheld gaming sucks.
No votes
I've never played a current gen handheld so I don't know yet.
5%
Other (if you vote Other please elaborate in a post)
No votes

Total votes: 20

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: 3DS & Vita state of the union poll.

Post by Tanooki »

While both nice and capable systems, easily thanks to Android and Apple too, they had a lot of good chances at far more volume and quality of good releases across all genres snuffed out of them, Nintendo in particular. Vita never really took off quite well, but it did so well what it did get. The 3DS though did excellent, for a couple of years, but as that stuff took steam and really ripped the crap out of their release choices and quantity. Look at all the games both the DS and PSP got, quality, quantity, and choices of genres and even franchise offshoot support. There was so much anyone could find many enjoyable things to do, but on 3DS and Vita you can not say this. They're floundering being choked by apathetic third parties who would rather do some moderate or over(SquareEnix) prices digital rental property they keep damn near every bit of the profit for versus a closed system with royalty fees and production costs that pick away at that with smaller harder to reach audiences.

It's why you see the newest Sony/MS stuff being more or less flip flop guts nearly the same PC port boxes with a few unique franchises onto each. Also why all the talk from Nintendo and speculation over their NintendOs and Android junk of maybe them going semi-closed Android micro console/handheld the next go around so they're ahead of that curve and survive. Watch where things have gone with the GBA to the DS to the 3DS or PSP to the Vita -- it's non-sustainable being closed off going forward.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Tanooki wrote:it's non-sustainable being closed off going forward.

Well. This is true, for better or worse.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

necro-bump because not really sure to post this, but there's a new Etrian Odyssey game out on 3DS today and reviews are really good. Anyone getting it?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I will. Best modern RPG series.

Kinda bummed the 3DS is region-locked, as one game in the series didn't reach the US.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My copy's arriving today. Once I finish my Leon B playthrough I'll pivot onto it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.