Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

Post by noiseredux »

I'm planning to play Mutants In Manhattan soon. I've heard (and seen) good things.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

This is my kind of thread. My mom still likes to tell the story of how when I was 3 I would point at sewer grates and say turtle. I was looking forward to that recent game until the reviews came along. A real shame.

Someone mentioned Manhattan Project on NES being he best, I completely agree as far as console games go. Turtles in Time looks better and has more animation but I don’t think it’s as solid a game. Both fantastic though. Of course, actually playing an arcade cabinet with a few friends is the best.

I too own the Coming out of their Shell tour and the making of the movie vhs tapes. I’m not ashamed to admit that.

I know this is a game forum, but did anyone else have the pizza shooting tank toy? I think it ran on about 6 D batteries and it broke after a couple uses. Awesome while it lasted though!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

maybe you guys will be into the upcoming arcade game then...

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

These were mine when I was a kiddo. My son now sleeps & plays with them :) . Figured you guys would appreciate.

Timeframe would've been 89 to 91 ish on plushies & pillow. #23 is obviously a nod to Michael Jordan. That one is likely more around 95 or so.

I also have some plastic TMNT action figures I can post later also.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I used to have a Leonardo of that plush just above. I still though have an original Splinter toy with the cloth, belt, bow and arrow too with it. Much of my 80s toys are gone, very little I've bothered to recover outside of going overboard on G1 Transformers. :)

I do wonder if that arcade game that's coming will be any good or not as it seems most arcade games now are just kind of early 80s throwbacks where scores = tickets for prizes or just click bait garbage for prizes, or interactive experiences along with a few light gun type games.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I have a bunch of TMNT figures in a duffle bag and have the Turtle Van and some other figures plus the DVD series Van out in the other room on display. I used to have the sheets posted above as a kid.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

noiseredux wrote:maybe you guys will be into the upcoming arcade game then...

That looks like it could have potential. Finger crossed!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I definitely had the van also. I might've had the tank that shot pizzas or at least remember playing with one at a friends.

Tonight I ran across my awesome TMNT rain slicker. Judging by size, likely 1994ish. Will eventually get you guys a pic of that & my toys.

Getting back to games which I haven't mentioned yet, TMNT II on NES makes my top 5 most played games list without question. Definitely in my top 3 nostalgic games as well. Likely in my top 10 games list which tends to change periodically.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
marurun

Post by marurun »

I really wish Konami had made a port of the Turtles arcade game for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16. That would have been an excellent platform for it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I can't remember if it was early this year or last but locally I found that awesome blu ray box set of the TMNT live action movies that also included the TMNT digital one too. It's a cool pizza box with a mini version of their original comic, a beanie, art cards and other stuff. Better yet, it was half price books, and half the price of online (which is rare for them) plus all the added contents were untouched. It's a really excellent box set loaded with lots of cheesy movies in there which fits for a mini pizza box.