Limited Run

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Limited Run

Post by Reprise »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:So...I don’t like the concept of Limited Run games, and I don’t collect for any system with Limited Run games. I read recently, however, that Limited Run is publishing a Wii U game. Any speculation on what it might be? Depending on the title, I may have to spring for that one. (Elkin and I can team up to get some copies, I guess.)

Okay I'm intrigued. I can't think of any eShop title that is so significant that the Publisher went to this much effort to release. Anyone got any ideas!? One of my ideas would be Fatal Frame, but us Europeans got a physical of that, so it doesn't seem likely. Haha I like the 'plot twist' comments on the NintendoLife article that it's Yooka-Laylee :lol:

Edit: Wait, the Wii U is region locked. So will this be a North American release only? :(
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My guesses are Affordable Space Adventures, Fast Racing Neo, and Fatal Frame. We’ll see though!
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I would be happy with any of those three choices. But I could also see them doing a run of Yooka-Laylee, since they already got the go ahead to do the Switch version. We shall see.

Or maybe they'll troll us all with Epic Dumpster Bear :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

my guess is Shovel Knight because wasn't that planned for Wii U release originally?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:my guess is Shovel Knight because wasn't that planned for Wii U release originally?

Shovel Knight already got a normal physical release on Wii U. Unless you mean some kind of enhanced edition with the new content coming out next year? :O
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh nevermind. I must be confused then.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Fast Racing Neo already got a physical release (at least here in Europe. Maybe it was a European exclusive?), I own it. Shovel Knight also did get a physical release, as I also own that one.

Yooka-Laylee is a bit of a joke one, since the Wii U version was originally viewed as the lead platform and a lot of people backed the Kickstarter FOR that version (since, you know, cutesy Rare-esque 3D platformers are a good fit for a Nintendo platform), but it was cancelled... unless... haha.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Michi wrote:I would be happy with any of those three choices. But I could also see them doing a run of Yooka-Laylee, since they already got the go ahead to do the Switch version. We shall see.

Or maybe they'll troll us all with Epic Dumpster Bear :lol:

Epic Dumpster Bear would be the very best. I would buy ten copies...to keep!
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

They already confirmed that it is not Fatal Frame. And that it is something that was cancelled by someone else at which time they stepped in to save it. Most people are speculating that it is Axiom Verge. But regardless, it is currently stuck in customs and they are about to sue the original publisher so we might still be a ways out from seeing it.

I am also curious what 2 PS3 games they signed are going to be.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, it's pretty much 100% Axiom Verge at this point.