Limited Run

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Limited Run

Post by Segata »

Everything I have bought was snatched within a couple minutes. Not everything goes like that, however. The first Switch LRG release? I'd say it's probable that happens. Then again I'm not sure how loved that game is. I have only bought 4 games out of 4 attempts from them. So my experience is more limited than some around here. Not a pun.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

But, like we've been discussing... Thimbleweed Park is going to be a pre-order system open for a limited amount of time (days? weeks?), so it looks like in this instance everyone will be able to secure a copy, as long as they don't miss the deadline.

And the game is quite loved. It seems to be the one people had been hoping for when Limited Run first announced they would be doing Switch games.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Never seen them do pre-orders before. Just 2 people in a 1 room office. Hmm, interesting.Maybe stepping closer to Play -Asia's level then?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I saw them do it once before for a game... I can't remember what it was though...? Or how long the period was open for.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

They did preorders for Skullgirls and Ys Origin.

Now, I missed the Skullgirls game because I didn't know about Limited Run at the time, but I remember Ys Origin. A quick search of their Facebook page shows that the preorders for that game were open for 24 hours.

Per their Aug. 23rd post:
Our limited edition physical releases of Ys Origin and Asdivine Hearts are available this Friday 10 AM Eastern Time at http://www.limitedrungames.com!
Please note that we've heard your feedback from Wonder Boy and Night Trap and as a result we made Ys Origin's standard edition an open preorder. Anyone who wants the game will be able to get a copy as long as they order within the 24-hour window!

Emphasis mine

Now obviously I can't confirm that it'll be the same for Thimbleweed (since they haven't said anything yet), but I would assume that it would be a similar situation (likely for both the standard and limited versions.)

Like I said, keep an eye on their social media accounts and I'm sure they'll clarify.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Thanks, that helps clarify things a lot. I'd assume it would be the same again, but of course I'll keep my eye out for announcements closer to the date.

Funny thing is I've realised I won't be at work that day anyways. It's Good Friday, which is a bank holiday in the UK. So I'll likely order the second it goes live, but I won't have to stress about managing to get a copy or not.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Segata wrote:Never seen them do pre-orders before. Just 2 people in a 1 room office. Hmm, interesting.Maybe stepping closer to Play -Asia's level then?

They are definitely no longer a 2 people operation in a 1-room office. They do their own shipping and processing now instead of outsourcing it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Yeah, I think they've got a couple dozen employees now. I also know that they moved to a new, larger office a couple months ago.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Well Thimbleweed Park is up on Limited Run Games now if anyone is interested. The Switch standard edition is an open pre-order until 13th April.

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Those of you who have been waiting for Cosmic Star Heroine, mark your calendars...

Dc8e0EzXcAAo8-v.jpg
Dc8e0EzXcAAo8-v.jpg (395.08 KiB) Viewed 1484 times