Summer Games Challenge 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Summer Games Challenge 2016

Post by Xeogred »

Nah, Prime 2 is awesome. One of the most consistent trilogies ever.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Xeogred wrote:Nah, Prime 2 is awesome. One of the most consistent trilogies ever.

IMO, it is definitely the low point of the Prime series, but it is still pretty solid. MP3, however, is simply rad, and I loved the motions controls in that game. (Get on it, Exhuminator!)
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:IMO, it is definitely the low point of the Prime series, but it is still pretty solid. MP3, however, is simply rad, and I loved the motions controls in that game. (Get on it, Exhuminator!)

Improved on the trilogy version of Prime? 'cause I beat that, but felt like the motion controls were something to be tolerated, not actually preferable.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:(Get on it, Exhuminator!)

I own a copy of MP3. Perhaps this summer I'll make it one of the three Wii games I plan to do.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MP3 is the easiest, shortest, most linear (90% of the energy tanks thrown at your face), and most story driven in a strange way, and I wasn't a fan of the multi planets thing. All these elements bring it down a little, so I'd argue it and Prime 2 are of the same level with a few slip ups. Prime 2 took the difficulty up several notches and still had some incredible levels like Torvus and Sanctuary. The dark world wasn't utilized that well and I don't really care for Dark Samus, the ammo mechanic wasn't ideal but I don't recall it ever being an issue, etc. Still, I love both Prime 2-3.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

isiolia wrote:Improved on the trilogy version of Prime? 'cause I beat that, but felt like the motion controls were something to be tolerated, not actually preferable.

Grapple Lasso + Motions Controls = Fun

:lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Always set your controls to advanced. The default control scheme kinda sucks. It takes a little bit to get used to how responsive the controls are in that mode, but it's by far the best way to play. It's more intuitive, in my mind, than the scheme from the original game.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Sarge wrote:Always set your controls to advanced. The default control scheme kinda sucks. It takes a little bit to get used to how responsive the controls are in that mode, but it's by far the best way to play. It's more intuitive, in my mind, than the scheme from the original game.

Main thing to me was more how it basically makes it an exercise in holding a remote pointed at the screen the entire time you're playing. It's fairly easy to have it drift past the edge of the screen and so on.
To a large point though, I guess it's also the sheer amount of playtime using WASD/mouse or even dual analog that makes those far more natural. Personally though, I just don't think motion control is ideal there - it's wonderful for use in VR and such where it can actually use full natural motion. Not when trying to control things in a little box on the other side of the room.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, it could just be that I'm adjusted to that style. I found a comfortable way to sit so that I could keep it pointed accurately, and rolled from there. I didn't have too much issue with drifting towards the edges of the screen. Everybody's different, though!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I rolled the credits in Daytona USA by placing first in one the races. This game rules so hard, and the DC version is just sublime. It is so, so good, and I am now going to try to beat the course record for every course in the game. At that point, I'll consider the game "beaten".