Games Acquired 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2016

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:(I got the physical Wii U disc because collector).

Same here! Now if I could just find a copy of Devil's Third... :lol:

I pre-ordered my copy, so I lucked out. Give it a few months; prices have already dropped a lot since it first released (at least they had last time I looked), so they'll probably continue to drop once people realize how shitty it is (even though I LOVED it; it plays like a Steven Segal movie).

I'm also downloading the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha right now.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:Had a discount code for Play-Asia, so I ordered some fun things that they had for cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

Gamecube

Kururin Squash

Kururin Squash is an outstanding game, nice choice.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:First game purchase of the year is Shovel Knight for Wii U.

Good. It's an awesome game. I am playing it right now, and I love it.

Shovel Knight Amiibo is out now. I grabbed one and it looks pretty nifty.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I recently purchased Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for the XBOX.

I played through the original recently and I enjoyed it tremendously. I've heard some negative reviews about this one as they tried to make it a God of War clone, but I'm still willing to give it a go. Hopefully, it is not too bad!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Markies wrote:I recently purchased Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for the XBOX.

I played through the original recently and I enjoyed it tremendously. I've heard some negative reviews about this one as they tried to make it a God of War clone, but I'm still willing to give it a go. Hopefully, it is not too bad!

Good luck... lol. It's a starking contrast to say the least and pretty brutal.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Got some cool stuff in the mail today:

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Director's Cut (Wii U)
Syberia Collection (PS3)
Teslagrad (PS3)

A week ago, I didn't even know that Syberia and Teslagrad had physical releases, and I think Giana Sisters will be hard to find in the coming years. Accordingly, I am glad to add these to my collection. (Now, if I can just get Steins Gate for the PS3, I think I will have all of the rare games I want for that system.)
RRR

Post by RRR »

3ds
Shovel Knight
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

PS4
MGS V

Neo Geo MVS
KOF 2003
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Xeogred wrote:
Markies wrote:I recently purchased Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for the XBOX.

Good luck... lol. It's a starking contrast to say the least and pretty brutal.

Honestly I think the combat is a lot more interesting in Warrior Within since there are more enemies on screen at once and a lot of weapons. The map itself is also alot more open which is nice but can lead to some problems if you miss a que on where to go since you can end up going in circles. I also had a thing for the music when I was younger and watched the music video quite a few times :lol: . Overall it's a very close second for me as far as modern PoP games go. While Two Thrones improves on some things and has a much more cinematic story I didn't care as much for it and the last gen Reboot while having some really nice platforming had almost no combat and one of the most disappointing stories ever in my opinion.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

First pickup of the year!

Tom Clancy's HAWX (PC)

New and sealed from Goodwill.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

alienjesus wrote:I have Euro #2 and #3. They're fun stuff, although I always feels like they have 1 or 2 good games and fill out the rest with crappy filler. Frogger and Guttang Gottong are not games I will be playing regularly, that's for sure.

I've always wanted a physical copy of Trip World, but I'm fine with not having it for the price it goes for, especially now I can play it on my 3DS.

Agreed on 2 and 3, mostly 2 where only Parodius stands out, #3 at least has Twinbee and Goemon. 1 and 4 are the winners as they're the US franchise games colorized basically. And Trip World I only got because of the price not being anywhere near the $200+ it hits and it's not on the US 3DS eshop either I don't think.