Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by CFFJR Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Nonsense. He must be playing Ynfinite Undiscovery.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Hey, Yggdra is a pretty good choice!

I figured he was getting into Yo-Kai Watch, though.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:lol the professional beat me to it

I am the professional, after all... :lol:

Also, I am now quite certain DSH is playing Yggdra Union.

Hopefully he played Riviera first.

"Video games must be played in order."
- Thomas Jefferson
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:58 pm

the last letter in the RPG I am playing is "a"
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:And how are you guys so fast? Gah, ya'll are blasting through these games.

My advantage was having the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd off of work with nothing else to do as well as having a few games that I had been playing for a while beforehand and just needed to finish. I'm not keeping up my one-game-finished-per-day anymore; that's just how the cards happened to fall with timing. :wink:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:Yumina the Ethereal

Don't know what that is but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's a PC game with nudez. How'd I do?

You are well vested in the ways of Nippon grasshoppa.

It sounds like Dave has chosen poorly and is playing Felghana instead of Origin.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:58 pm

I actually own Aselia the Eternal, which is another one of those JAST games. It's aight.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:20 pm

1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES) (repeat)
7) Mighty Final Fight (repeat)
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (repeat)
9) Monster In My Pocket (repeat)

You think I'm still playing NES stuff? I haven't had a lot of time to sink into longer games as of late... and the EverDrive is still shiny. :)

So I actually own legit copies of these games, but whatever. I started just looking for something to relax with, and I have always liked Mighty Final Fight. In fact, I think I like it better than actual Final Fight. It's not terribly difficult if you know what you're doing, and there's also a bit of a trick that, if you start with Haggar who starts at power level 3, you can swap to Cody or Guy and keep those levels. It really puts them ahead of the curve.

I come off of that, and I was clearly in the "M" folder. So I decide to give Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! a go. It's been a long time since I played. In fact, I'm not sure I've really done anything with it since I took Tyson down years ago. Apparently playing on the actual system without a mushy XBOX dpad helps a ton, because I managed to get to the third round. So I kept going at it. I'd forgotten a lot of the patterns, though, so he was whacking me in the later rounds. I was actually pretty consistently getting through his Dynamite Punch period with only one knockdown on average. The last run, he didn't even touch me in the first round. I didn't get knocked down until the end of the second, and even with a massive case of fumble fingers, I took him down with room to spare by TKO in the third. Feels good to know I've still got the chops to take him down, and that my first victory wasn't a complete fluke.

Lastly, the palate cleanser was Monster In My Pocket, a late effort by Konami that is pretty simplistic overall, but looks good and plays great. I came close to not pulling off the win, but managed to sneak it in. I was not happy when I realized the game wasn't over at the very end, and had one more surprise boss battle to go. It came back to me when he popped up on the TV... ugh.

I really need to jump into some games I haven't beaten again. Battle of Olympus is one that I've always wanted to play through.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Sarge wrote:I really need to jump into some games I haven't beaten again. Battle of Olympus is one that I've always wanted to play through.

I beat it early last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. It has some pretty brutal random difficulty spikes at time and there's far too many sections where you need to grind, but it's pretty impressive overall.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm a big advocate of emulation, but I concede that Punch Out needs to be played on the actual hardware to have a proper chance of defeating Tyson.

Sarge I know you're a big fan of NES platformers, so have you messed much with the Famicom fan translated ones? I think you might enjoy Cocoron, Konami Wai Wai World, Robocco Wars, or U-four-ia: The Saga (fan trans is better than European release). If you're itching for an action-RPG there's always Radia Senki, The Magic Candle, or Esper Dream 2: Aratanaru Tatakai... the NES/FC just keeps on giving.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming