Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8200
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by alienjesus Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 am

Ghost Trick is probably one of my all time favourite games.
Image
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Stark Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm

1/22 Emily Is Away (PC)
1/29 Dishonored Definitive Edition (XB1)
1/31 Rise of the Tomb Raider - Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch (XB1)
2/2 Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall (XB1)

Games Beaten = 2
DLC = 3

2/8 Dishonored - The Brigmore Witches (XB1)
This is the final part of a two part story arc involving an assassin named Daud. In this one you get to figure out why you're going after this crazy witch lady. Very interesting levels and has an interesting enemy type in the final level that can't be killed or silenced easily which was a fun wrinkle to deal with. All in all the 2-DLC set is a great add-on to an already great game and probably afforded another 6 - 8 hours of gameplay (obviously this depends on how you play.)

Image
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
wclem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by wclem Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Ghudda wrote:
wclem wrote:1. Until Dawn (PS4)

Different is a good word for this. Lots of quicktime!
Would have been cool if they had a setting where you
could take as much time as you want to make a decision.

Is this really my first of the year? I need to prioritize my life! More games, less reality.


I've only beat one game this year as well, and it was Until Dawn. Are you me?
My only complaint about the game was the annoying "don't move" moments where if you moved your controller, bad things happened. I felt it was way to sensitive. Let's just say a lot of people died.


I solved that problem. Whenever I thought a scene like that was coming up I sat my controller on the arm of the couch. Worked pretty well.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
animeprotege
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by animeprotege Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Only one I've beaten this year is Batman:Arkham Knight.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14382
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Xeogred Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I seriously need to get around to the Dishonored DLC. Sounds great and I nabbed the new ultimate edition or whatever on Steam recently that includes everything. Think that was right after I played the base game again and did a high chaos and low chaos run back to back. Freaking amazing game.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Stark Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Xeogred wrote:I seriously need to get around to the Dishonored DLC. Sounds great and I nabbed the new ultimate edition or whatever on Steam recently that includes everything. Think that was right after I played the base game again and did a high chaos and low chaos run back to back. Freaking amazing game.
You definitely should, there are several elements that make both high chaos and low chaos modes different enough from the main game. I'm probably gonna run through a high chaos playthrough later this year, the arc mines and the summon assassin abilities sound like a ton of fun.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Exhuminator Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:39 pm

animeprotege wrote:Only one I've beaten this year is Batman:Arkham Knight.

What did you think of it?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14382
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Xeogred Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Stark wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I seriously need to get around to the Dishonored DLC. Sounds great and I nabbed the new ultimate edition or whatever on Steam recently that includes everything. Think that was right after I played the base game again and did a high chaos and low chaos run back to back. Freaking amazing game.
You definitely should, there are several elements that make both high chaos and low chaos modes different enough from the main game. I'm probably gonna run through a high chaos playthrough later this year, the arc mines and the summon assassin abilities sound like a ton of fun.

I also played my low chaos run this time around without the see through walls ability... it is 10x more fun without it. Highly recommended to not get that ability!
User avatar
TSTR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 am
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by TSTR Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:48 pm

1. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo AES)
2. Ridge Racer (PS1)
3. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP)
4. Nitronic Rush (PC)

5. Crimzon Clover World Ignition (PC)

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shmups ever. I finally got the 1cc on Novice Original after like 10 hrs of playtime. Not the best score, but that's okay. I really wanted the clear out of the way.

And yeah, I broke down and used Type-Z in the end. Almost had it numerous times with Type-C, but just couldn't get it done. Then I cleared it on my first Type-Z run. Oh well.

If you have a way to play this game at all, and you like shmups in any form, you NEED this game. So well done for what started as a doujin—art, soundtrack, gameplay modes—it's a Lex Luger total package.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by noiseredux Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:03 am

^post feels sincere.

Calling popo...
Image
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michi and 9 guests