Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
IrishNinja
64-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by IrishNinja Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:41 am

so in the last week, i've finished:

Last Window: Secret of Cape West - i really loved Hotel Dusk, and i might be in the minority here, but i think i liked this one better. shame we won't see Kyle's story tie up neatly but really glad i imported this.

D - that was cool, i can see the love for Eno. going back in for Enemy Zero sometime, then D2!

REmake - finally beat it on PS4, goddamn this game (and the GC one)'s gorgeous and really helps a classic age well.

i played an hour or two of RE0 (first time at it) and it wasn't bad, but decided to try & finish RE3 finally. I just reached the Clock Tower, so i wanna say halfway done?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Exhuminator wrote:DQIX has plenty of explorable land masses, but they are almost entirely empty of secrets. DQIX offers tons of job systems and skills to learn, but battles are so simple you won't need even 1/10th of what's available. And on it goes.

You are going to loathe DQVII. :lol: (I really liked DQIX, but I think that all of your criticisms are completely valid.)

First 50
1. Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)
2. Space Invaders Infinity Gene (iOS)
3. World of Goo (iOS)
4. A Dark Room (iOS)
5. Shovel Knight (WII U)
6. The Room (iOS)
7. Mega Man 10 (PS3)
8. The Room Two (iOS)
9. Braid (PS3)
10. Kung Fu Fight! (WII U)
11. Kung Fu Rabbit (WII U)
12. Escape Goat (360)
13. Canabalt (iOS)
14. Leo's Fortune (iOS)
15. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
16. Grim Fandango Remastered (iOS)
17. Dust: An Elysian Tale (360)
18. Shantae (GBC)
19. 3D Space Harrier (3DS)
20. 3D After Burner II (3DS)
21. 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (3DS)
22. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
23. Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut (WII U)
24. Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)
25. Furdemption (iOS)
26. Virtua Fighter Remix (SATURN)
27. Manos The Hands of Fate (iOS)
28. Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3)
29. Fighting Vipers (PS3)
30. Ikari Warriors (PS3)
31. Virtua Cop (SATURN)
32. Virtua Cop 2 (SATURN)
33. Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (iOS)
34. Virtua Racing (PS2)
35. Daytona USA (DC)
36. Sega Rally Championship (SATURN)
37. RayForce (iOS)
38. Hundreds (iOS)
39. Don't Look Back (iOS)
40. Finding Teddy (iOS)
41. Shantae & The Pirate's Curse (WII U)
42. Dragon Warrior II (GBC)
43. Guardian Heroes (360)
44. Ninja Smasher! (3DS)
45. BoxBoxBoy! (3DS)
46. 2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS)
47. Aeternoblade (3DS)
48. Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (3DS)
49. Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS)
50. Bloody Vampire (3DS)

51. Armillo (WII U)
52. Human Resource Machine (iOS)
53. Alone in the Dark (iOS)
54. The Room 3 (iOS)
55. Monument Valley (iOS)
56. Hysteria Project (PS3/PSP)

For Halloween, I played through Hysteria Project, a first-person FMV game in which you escape from an ax-wielding murderer. The game is very short - I beat it in under 30 minutes - but it is fun while it lasts. It has a genuinely creepy atmosphere, and 30 minutes is not long enough for the "choose your own adventure" and QTE gameplay to wear thin. My primary complaint is that the video is incredibly pixelated - just like a real Sega CD game! - and it looks pretty horrible on a big screen. (It probably looks better on a PSP, but to a certain extent, the pixelated video masked the low-budget special effects and made the game a bit creepier.)
Kuruwin
64-bit

by Kuruwin Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:07 pm

41.Odin Sphere Remake

I loved the storytelling and the characters (expect Oswald) but what prevented this game becomming one of the alltime greats was all the rehashing. This game has five characters who all go through the same damn levels. Playing the game never became tedious to me but it still managed to sour the game. If each character would have at least 1-2 unique maps of their own the game would have been much better. It was still a good game but it could have been so much better.
Flake

by Flake Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Kuruwin wrote:41.Odin Sphere Remake

I loved the storytelling and the characters (expect Oswald) but what prevented this game becomming one of the alltime greats was all the rehashing. This game has five characters who all go through the same damn levels. Playing the game never became tedious to me but it still managed to sour the game. If each character would have at least 1-2 unique maps of their own the game would have been much better. It was still a good game but it could have been so much better.

This is on my shelf about to come into rotation. I remember getting stuck on the PS2 version because of the item system - I'd run out of opportunities to get healing items but wouldn't be able to proceed forward without dying. I understand this was fixed - and I hope so because the art alone makes this game amazing.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Yeah the remake looks like it fixed some things, but still seems overpriced to me. Guess I'm not totally sold on it yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 pm

1. The Match Of The Millennium (NGPC)
2. Pocket Tennis Color (NGPC)
3. XCOM 2 (PC)
4. Street Fighter V (PC)
5. Spelunky (PC)
6. Gone Home (PC)
7. Day Of The Tentacle Remastered (PC)
8. Heroes Of The Storm (PC)
9. The Elder Scrolls Legends (PC)
10. Land's End (GearVR)
11. Hearthstone: League Of Explorers (PC)
12. Metal Slug (PC)
13. Broforce (PC)
14. Metal Slug X (PC)
15. Hearthstone: One Night In Karazhan (PC)
16. The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition (PC)
17. The Stanley Parable (PC)
18. Lucky's Tale (PC)
19. The House Of The Dead (PC)
20. Mortal Kombat XL (PC)
21. House Of The Dying Sun (PC)

HOTDS is basically the experience I hoped existed when I decided I wanted to get into VR gaming. I actually tried playing it sans VR a few months back and it didn't really suck me in. But in VR, it is a total experience. I wasn't just playing a game - I was inside a spaceship. I could look around the cockpit. I could turn my head and see enemy ships buzzing by me and it all just felt like The Last Starfighter fully realized for me. There were moments where all disbelief was suspended, and I truly felt that I was in a dogfight in space, able to move in 360 degrees and blow shit up. And when things blow up, it feels huge. In short, I love this game.

The campaign is pretty short - I finished it in 2 or 3 hours. But each mission has multiple difficulties and there are different endings based on how well you do. It's the kind of game I will keep playing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for anyone who has a Rift or Vive.
Kuruwin
64-bit

by Kuruwin Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:12 am

Flake wrote:
Kuruwin wrote:41.Odin Sphere Remake

This is on my shelf about to come into rotation. I remember getting stuck on the PS2 version because of the item system - I'd run out of opportunities to get healing items but wouldn't be able to proceed forward without dying. I understand this was fixed - and I hope so because the art alone makes this game amazing.

I have hard time imagining that happening on the remake. You can save anytime and you can leave the leave and go back to the older ones. I don't know how much exactly changed because i played the PS2 version very little because i hated the combat but the combat at least has been drastically changed. Odin Sphere remake play's lot more like Muramasa and Dragon's Crown which means that awkward stamina system is gone. There is a bar but it's for using skills.

But yeah. It does seem like it's hard to get good deal on the game. It wasn't until just recently that i saw a good deal on it and picked it up from play-asia for 26 euros (Ps3)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 am

haha, so weird - I beat House Of The Dying Sun on 11/1. It officially released out of Early Access on 11/2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:45 pm

So you finished the unfinished version? WHOA.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So you finished the unfinished version? WHOA.

Yes, but not really. I knew that the base game was done. They had been just tweaking bugs, etc really and the only major thing added to the 1.0 official release is another more hardcore difficulty level that will only open up after beating the original campaign.
Return to General Gaming