1. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
2. DOAX3 Fortune Edition (PS4)
3. Uncharted 4 (PS4)
4. DOOM (2016) (PC)
5. Halo 5 (Xbox One)
6. Dark Souls (PC)
7. Call of Duty (PC)
8. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC)
9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
10. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
11. Bloodborne (PS4)

Played: A little over 46 hours according to the save file. Played offline and didn’t try any Chalice Dungeons. Probably over-leveled a little, but that’s part of the fun. Got the “true” ending, far as I know, but still missed a few other things.

I’d originally started on Bloodborne back when it came out, but wound up going off to play something else and not getting back to it. I have a tendency to do that if I mix games, so I usually make a point to focus on one until done (or just play basically nothing else if actively playing FFXI). However, the games I’d been playing were PC games, and my PC was busy with the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

In the time since I’d last played Bloodborne, I did get through Dark Souls, with the exception of the DLC. That seemed to help a good bit, since it didn’t take me long to get past the boss I’d gotten stuck on before. It also highlighted just how much narrower in scope some elements of Bloodborne are, though they do serve to match the themes of the game.

The game takes place in Yharnam, a city known for its blood healing, now falling victim to a plague that turns people to beasts. Nighttime brings the Hunt, where the healthy and sane lock themselves indoors, and mobs roam the streets hunting those that have fully turned. There are also the professionals - Hunters – which is what you play. Your quest starts with the directive to seek “Paleblood”, and eventually your prey goes from torch and pitchfork wielding mobs, werewolves, and witches…to the more Lovecraftian source of it all.

You thought your bugs were bad...

A lot of game elements are the same or very similar to how the Souls games do them. The big departure is a far more restricted combat style. Where Dark Souls has multiple schools of magic, varying weights of armor, and a myriad of weapons that give rise to a variety of viable playstyles… Bloodborne is heavily skewed towards a fast, aggressive melee approach. The offhand gun you can have is for parrying more than damage – it does mean you can parry at range, but I still never got the timing quite down. Plus, it’s limited by bullets (which the little magic there is also consumes).

While I think it’s probably in part on me for possibly over-leveling (such as it is), I think the difficulty ramped down towards the end. At least, it felt like it did. I think the Chalice Dungeons are where the harder stuff lies, or of course the DLC that I don’t have. Frankly though, that was okay. It still presented a decent challenge, and I’m perfectly fine with games not being crushingly difficult.

Might have been nice to see a bit more in terms of exotic environments or something. Maybe some caves or whatnot. Then again, with how mean some of the more eldritch enemies are, it may not have proven to be all that fun.

Overall, glad to have returned to it and removed it from the pile of games I started and never beat.

MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:I almost never experienced any of the sanity effects, because the way I played, I was very effectively able to manage the meter. So I missed out on some cool stuff.

I intentionally tanked my sanity at the start of every chapter to see all the cool stuff.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Yeah, the recovery spells made it REALLY easy to keep sanity up, and it wasn't too hard to keep health up outside of a few instances
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

January:
1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson (NES)
3) Holy Diver (NES)
4) Holy Diver (NES) (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru (NES)
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
7) Mighty Final Fight (NES)
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES)
9) Monster In My Pocket (NES)
10) Battle of Olympus (NES)
11) Gunstar Heroes (GEN) (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser (PS4)
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics (NES)
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)
18) Crisis Force (NES)
19) Esper Dream 2 (NES)
20) Felix the Cat (NES)
21) Moon Crystal (NES)
22) Panic Restaurant (NES)
23) Frankenstein (NES)
24) Crystalis (NES)
25) Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu (NES)

February:
26) Killer Instinct (GB)
27) Mashin Hero Wataru Gaiden (NES)
28) Sly Spy (ARC)
29) The Red Star (unreleased XBOX, also on PS2)
30) Adventure Island 4 (NES)
31) Cocoron (NES)
32) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
33) Xeodrifter (VITA)
34) Doom 2 (PC)
35) Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP)
36) Magical Pop'n (SNES)
37) The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
38) Phantasy Star (SMS)
39) Phantasy Star III (GEN)
40) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
41) Brandish: The Dark Revenant (Dela Mode)

March:
42) Freedom Planet (Milla, 82 lives lost) (PC)
43) Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)
44) Lara Croft Go (AND)
45) Oniken (PC)
46) Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (3DS)
47) Batman: The Video Game (GB)
48) Batman: The Video Game (NES)
49) Super Spy Hunter

April:
50) Mega Man 2 (NES)
51) Mega Man 4 (NES)
52) Mission: Impossible (NES)
53) Mega Man 6 (NES)
54) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
55) Sword Master (NES)
56) DuckTales 2 (NES)
57) Rush'n Attack (NES)
58) Mega Man 3 (NES)
59) Mega Man 5 (NES)
60) Mega Man (NES)
61) S.C.A.T. - Special Cybernetic Attack Team (NES)
62) TaleSpin (NES)
63) Double Dragon III (NES)
64) Donkey Kong (NES)
65) Astyanax (NES)

May:
66) Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu (NES)
67) The New Ghostbusters II (NES, proto)
68) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSP, via Dracula X Chronicles)
69) Revenge of Shinobi (GEN)
70) Shinobi III (GEN)
71) Shadow Dancer (GEN)
72) El Viento (GEN)
73) Earnest Evans (GEN)
74) One Must Fall 2097 (PC)
75) A Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)
76) Hebereke (NES)
77) Contra (NES)
78) Wario Land: Shake It! (WII)
79) Gimmick! (NES)
80) Ninja Gaiden (GG)
81) Wai Wai World 2 (NES)
82) Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES)
83) Uncharted: Golden Abyss (VITA)
84) Double Dragon (SMS)

June:
85) Astra Superstars (SAT)
86) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (360)
87) Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 - Jedi Knight (PC)
88) Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC)
89) VVVVVV (PC)
90) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (GEN)
91) Broforce (PS4)
92) Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (PC)
93) The Terminator (SCD)
94) Aban Hawkins and the 1001 Spikes (PC)
95) Electronic Super Joy (PC)
96) Golden Axe (GEN)
97) Double Dragon (GB)
98) Double Dragon II (GB)
99) Double Dragon III (GB)
100) Super Mario Land (GB)
101) Kirby's Dream Land (GB)

July:
102) Vapor Trail (GEN)
103) King Colossus (GEN)
104) Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
105) Curse of Issyos (PC)
106) Alisia Dragoon (GEN)
107) Curse of the Crescent Isle DX (PC)
108) Tales of Hearts R (VITA)
109) Flashback (SCD)
110) Rayman Legends (VITA)
111) Wonder Boy in Monster World (GEN) (via 360)
112) Altered Beast (ARC)
113) Altered Beast (GEN)
114) Song of the Deep (PS4)

August:

115) Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (WII)
116) Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R) (PC)
117) Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (GEN)
118) Streets of Rage (GEN)
119) Technobabylon (PC)
120) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)

It's a slow Friday. Don't judge me.

Anyway, it's probably been almost 20 years since I beat this game. It's still pretty much like I remember; it tries to do the Super Mario World thing on Game Boy, in a more limited capacity. It's a good game, but it's not nearly as large, and much like the original Super Mario Land, the physics are just weird.

Heck, the whole game is weird. This might be one of the most varied menageries in a Mario game. You visit everything from a haunted house (Japanese-style, foo!), a toy land, and even outer space. It's pretty wild stuff. Too bad this team didn't put a console entry together, I'd love to see the insanity of a better-controlling version. As it is, we all know this team moved on to make Wario Land; that was probably the right choice, as that series is much more suited for the team's unhinged style.

I was playing very recklessly, so I ended up blazing through it in... an hour? 1.5? Somewhere in that time frame. While keeping my processing scripts fed, of course.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The best part of Mario Land 2 is glitching it so you traverse through the RAM with Mario and update it by hitting blocks.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. The Match Of The Millennium (NGPC)
2. Pocket Tennis Color (NGPC)
3. XCOM 2 (PC)
4. Street Fighter V (PC)
5. Spelunky (PC)
6. Gone Home (PC)
7. Day Of The Tentacle Remastered (PC)
8. Heroes Of The Storm (PC)
9. The Elder Scrolls Legends (PC)
10. Land's End (GearVR)
11. Hearthstone: League Of Explorers (PC)
12. Metal Slug (PC)

decided to credit feed through the MS for TR. Took me 12 continues. :\

I still think this is a great game. *Maybe* my favorite of the series, but I'll play through the others to confirm before the month is over.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

First 50:
1. Oni - PC
2. Donkey Kong 64 - N64
3. Yoshi's Story - N64
4. Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide - PC
5. Forsaken 64 - N64
6. Bloodrayne: Betrayal - PSN
7. Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu - SNES
8. Fire Emblem Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū - Nintendo DS
9. Valkyria Chronicles 3 - PSP
10. Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - DC
11. Rise of the Tomb Raider - PC
12. XCOM 2 - PC
13. Shadowrun Hong Kong Bonus Campaign - PC
14. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - 3DS
15. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - 3DS
16. Lagrange Point - NES
17. Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations - 3DS
18. Cybernator - SNES
19. Outwars - PC
20. Resident Evil - GC
21. Resident Evil 2 - GC
22. Resident Evil 3 - GC
23. Resident Evil Code Veronica X - GC
24. Dino Crisis - PSX
25. Resident Evil 5 - PC
26. Dark Souls 3 - PS4
27. The Banner Saga 2 - PC
28. Bravely Second - 3DS
29. Star Fox Zero - Wii U
30. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - PC
31. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault - PC
32. Doom (2016) - PC
33. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade - PC
34. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm - PC
35. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - PC
36. Doom 64 - N64
37. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - PC
38. Super Empire Strikes Back - SNES
39. Might & Magic 3 - Isles of Terra - PC
40. Mirror's Edge Catalyst - PC
41. Sonic 2 - Genesis
42. Resident Evil Revelations - PC
43. Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PC
44. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Wii U
45. Kirby: Planet Robobot
46. Sin: Wages of Sin - PC
47. Torchlight II - PC
48. Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness - PS4
49. Axiom Verge - PS4
50. Shadow Complex Remastered - PS4

51. Ori and the Blind Forest - Xbox One
52. AM2R - PC
53. Total Annihilation - PC

I've been playing this off and on for quite a while and finally decided to do a final push to the end of the ARM campaign. I do still have the CORE campaign to do, but based on my time with the ARM campaign and what I know of the game I don't feel a burning need to do so any time soon. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually for completeness sake, but for now I want to focus more on unbeaten games vs. completing beaten games.

Total Annihilation came out around the same time as Dark Reign and a year before StarCraft. Total Annihilation ended up being the better remembered between it and Dark Reign, though both were eclipsed by StarCraft. But personally, I found I enjoyed Dark Reign more, and that could be because I play RTS's single player only. And Dark Reign definitely has the stronger single player campaign.

Dark Reign added a lot of complexity to the genre. It had an extensive fog of war system that seemed to calculate true line of sight as opposed to the fudged version most RTS's use which meant forests and raised terrain massively impacted sign ranges. It had an extensive waypoint and unit AI system that allowed you to do things like create a patrol, then send new units on that patrol later without having to redraw, and being able to send out packs of units to explore the map while shooting at enemies and heading back to base to repair when their health got low. And it had a system of extremely hard counters for damage types that required a diverse army.

Total Annihilation goes for a simpler approach that focuses heavily on your management of your economy, and I think this is why it's remembered better. Dark Reign ended up being too complex to make a good multiplayer game, and that's what keeps RTS's alive in the public consciousness. Total Annihilation does have waypoints, but it's the standard shift waypoints that you can set but not do much about afterwards. There is some unit AI, but it is there to control whether your units return fire or not, or stand still or engage enemies when attacked. But the real core of the game is the unique economy that has been used with each spiritual successor.

What makes the economy of Total Annihilation different is that it is entirely based on rates. All resources are unlimited, so the management comes in carefully matching the rate of gathering with the rate of consumption; consume too much and you slow down production, while consume too little and you waste resources. The two resources in the game are metal and energy. Metal is usually the one that's harder to get; you can either get it from specially marked patches on the ground by building an extracter above them or build fabricators that create a small amount of metal for a large amount of energy. Energy is the other resource, which is freely obtained from various types of power plants. Most strategy revolves around getting an excess of energy and getting just enough metal to match your production. Interestingly, energy is also used by certain units and structures when they fire, which means you need to be careful to plan for excesses or your base defenses can shut down at a critical moment. The exception to the rule of "metal is hard to get" is on CORE Prime maps; that map is one giant metal patch so you can lay down extractors anywhere and reap the fullest reward. It really messes with the flow of the game.

The two sides in the game are slightly more than cosmetically different, but the differences end up making all the difference in a competitive online environment. You have the same types of units on each side; a light skirmish vehicle, a heavy tank, a bomber, a fighter, a light laser tower, an artillery cannon, etc. The differences come in the tuning parameters, such as one side's unit being slower but more armored. And unfortunately some of these parameters are tuned so poorly that the ARM is just straight up better in a symmetrical online match. The key difference is that the ARM's fastest building construction vehicles move noticeably faster than the CORE's, which quickly leads to the ARM economy getting going faster to the point that any individual fighting unit superiority on the CORE end is overshadowed by the unit production gap.

The campaign is unfortunately a letdown. There's absolutely no personality to it (something that's fixed in Supreme Commander). Your missions fall into three categories: capture a building, destroy all enemies, or destroy all enemies except one building you need to capture. There are no characters in the game, just you and a voice that gives you briefings. But most egregious is the fact that on the vast majority of maps the computer has absolutely no aggression. Outside of a bare handful where they will attack my base (and thus require some token defensive structures) the stategy was "leasurely build up an overwhelming attack force and steamroll the computer". Hell, several maps including a few at the end didn't even give the computer any production facilities or a large army, with the bulk of the CPU being defensive towers. It's really quite sad. Now, on hard difficulty things might be different, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that on the default medium difficulty that I have to try in missions. That wasn't the case here.

Honestly, I think Supreme Commander is the better game for single player. Hell, Planetary Annihilation's Galaxy Mode is a better single player experience than this, and that's just a series of skirmish maps with restricted tech trees thanks to a roguelike porogression system.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'd argue that late game, CORE units really step things up...if you live long enough to be able to produce the likes of a Kroggoth(I also recall preferring the CORE artillery). But early game, the rate of fire alone on ARM units easily trumps the higher power but slower attacks of base CORE infantry. In a 1:1 fight between the ARM PeeWee and the CORE A.K., the PeeWee wins hands down. Now factor in economic differences, and you've got a horde of PeeWees coming in to lay waste.

That said, you can also reclaim dead units for a small bit of metal when necessary. One of the benefits of fending off an invasion is that you now can use their remains to rebuild and launch your own assault.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Partridge Senpai's 2016 Beaten List

41. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (360)

This game is more or less Alice: Madness Returns meets Asura's Wrath, but it doesn't really do anything that those games do as well as they do.

The plot is based off of The Book of Epoch, which in layman's terms is more or less an old Hebrew holy book that didn't make the cut to be included as a part of the official New Testament (the second half the the Christian holy book). That, as a concept, is really cool, but it really REALLY harmed by the choice to make Epoch, the main character, a completely silent protagonist. The writer has said that he did this in order to make Epoch an easier stand-in for the player character, but that is an AWFUL choice for a game based on a legendary story like this! The game doesn't have that crowded or present of a cast in the first place, so as a result of your main character being silent, the game's story is usually just boring or in some cases downright off-putting and confusing because they're talking to him as if he has a character of his own. This leads to the game's narrative and gameplay having some serious pacing problems, which really almost kept me from finishing it.

The gameplay itself is a mixture of somewhat simple combat combined with 3D platforming, both of which suffer because of the aesthetic choices of the art design. The combat is a three-button 3D brawler, which really has no reason to be 3-button at all. A jumps, X attacks, and RB blocks. While LB is used for something else, both triggers and the other two face buttons literally do nothing. With how many alternative moves can be pulled off by timing your attack button presses in some arbitrary confusing manner, or some combination of block and jump or block and attack, the game really would've benefited from some more combat diversity, such as perhaps a light and heavy attack button. You do have 3 different kinds of weapons you can steal from enemies (you're almost never unarmed and you're usually pretty screwed if you are). There's the Gale that lets you do a horizontal dash as well as fire projectiles, the Shield/Gauntlets (I'm not sure that's the real name, but that's what it is) that lets you have a much better block as well as hit harder, and the Arch which gives you a slight hover to your double jump as well as being a quicker melee attack. These add a little to the combat with sort of a rock, paper, scissors mechanic on which ones make enemies that use them stagger more, but the Gale just leaves you SO open to attack in most arenas that it's almost never worth using. Additionally, a lot of the platforming is such pixel perfect jumps that you almost require the Arch's better double jump to even make them, so I used the arch almost the entire game because the platforming is so annoying.

The platforming is very annoying due to two things: The aforementioned precision jumping in a 3D environment and the art design of the environments. The art and environment design is very ethereal and mysterious. As a result, it's very cell-shaded with tons of floating pieces of rock to jump on, as well as the path you're on being just about the only land present to even explore in. Only, because of how much it's just floating platforms that you're moving between, and because the camera can NEVER be moved manually (although it's usually pretty good), it's often very difficult to judge weather or not you're going to land the jumps you're trying to make, especially if the platforms are falling beneath you or constantly moving, as they often are. Additionally, the battlefields you fight in often have totally invisible floors, making dodging some attacks very difficult because you don't even have your shadow on the ground to judge where you are in the air.

If you carry the arch through the whole game like I tried to do, you can come across some secret areas that require its better jumps to access (some also require the shield to bash down a cracked wall, and the Gale's dash is far too imprecise to be useful for platforming: It's much more for dodging). You can usually just get red power orbs in these locations, although if they're valuable or not, I'm not sure, which brings me to another complaint: The game is TERRIBLE at giving useful information to the player.

The red "power" orbs are never clear on what they do. I eventually sort of settled on that they make your boost meter better, although I have no idea how it gets any "better." You have a boost meter which lets you activate an overlimit mode that staggers enemies a ton, but there's no actual gauge that shows when this will activate!!! It just randomly turns on, and lasts for some mysterious amount of time, and there's really no way to know when it ends. Bosses and enemies never have health bars, so sometimes you won't even be sure if you're damaging them at all. This is especially confusing because there are some boss fights that you just get sucked into, which apparently have no penalty or benefit for winning or losing. Why are they there? Probably some achievement? I HAVE NO CLUE. Not until you beat the game once (it's about 7-ish hours long) do you UNLOCK the ability to have bars and gauges. That is such an awful design choice in a game that already is so confusing and makes the player feel like their time isn't being respected.

There are also secret areas where you get to play a sort of platforming mini-game to get extra collectibles. There's a pan out of the circular hold you're in to show you where it is, but there's no good bearing on where you actually start in relation, and the whole area looks the same, so once I got to the 3rd one, I had absolutely no idea where the collectible was, so I just gave up on them. I have no idea what these collectibles achieve other than probably just some achievement, but what I do know is that if you die during the mini-game, you get to watch a REALLY long game-over cutscene (it's like 2 or 3 minutes), and I couldn't find any way to speed it up or skip it. And the loading times ain't too quick either, so retrying these segments for that collectible takes foreeeever.

The main good things I can say about this game, are that it is VERY pretty, and there are some good boss battles. The art style is sort of realistic, sort of surreal, and the stale-ish voice acting actually works to the game's favor in depicting that the actor's talking aren't used to human speech, most all of them being angels or some other demi-god-type being. However, the lip-movements haven't been synced to the English voice acting on most cutscenes, so it often looks pretty off-putting when you see characters speak. The music ranges from atmospheric to really pumping as well, and I thought it was very good, and a good portion of it I wouldn't mind throwing on my phone to listen to at some point. Complaints about the combat system aside, there are some good boss battles, especially the non-angel ones. The ones where you're fighting big monsters are often much better designed, with more easily swappable weapons, changing boss forms, and the arena-style fighting making much more sense. The final boss especially is great.

Verdict: Not recommended. To be honest, most of what this game did was make me wish I was playing one of the better games of last-gen that are so similar to it. That's not to say that El Shaddai is awful or even bad, but it's just so "okay" that it's hard to recommend when there plenty of other great games in the cool plot/concept + 3D platformer/brawler sub-genre of last gen (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Alice Madness Returns, Asura's Wrath, Splatterhouse, etc.) that do everything that this game does but better.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2016

First 50:
Spirits of Xanadu - PC
Tales From the Borderlands: Episode 1 - PC
Operation C - Game Boy
That Dragon, Cancer - PC
Contra - NES
Super C - NES
Contra III - The Alien Wars - SNES
Tekken - PS1
The King of Fighters '99 - PS1
Street Fighter Alpha - PS1
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PS4
Three Fourths Home - PC
Firewatch - PS4
Street Fighter V - PS4
Far Cry: Primal - PS4
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax - PS3
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND - Xbox One
Android Assault Cactus - PS4
Table Top Racing - Vita
The Room - iOS
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle - PS3
The Room 2 - iOS
Broforce - PS4
Toybox Turbos - PC
Peggle 2 - PS4
R-Type (R-Type Dimensions) - 360
The Room 3 - iOS
Rampage - SMS
Doom (2016) - PS4
Dungeon Siege III - - 360
Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End - PS4
NES Remix - Wii U
Moon Chronicles: Episode 1 - 3DS
Outrun 3D - 3DS
Box Boy - 3DS
Splatoon - - Wii U
Nano Assault Neo X - PS4
Mamorukun Curse! - PS3
Hyperburner - iOS
The Beginner's Guide - PC
Halo 5: Guardians - Xbox One
POP: Methodology Experiment 1 - PC
Amplitude - - PS4
Slave of God - PC
Power Drift 3D - 3DS
Bio-Hazard Battle - Genesis
Thunder Force II - Genesis
Thunder Force III - Genesis
Lightening Force - Genesis
DiRT: Showdown - PC

Battleborn - PC
140 - PC
Last Duel - Arcade (PSP)
Alien on the Run - 3DS
Undead Bowling - 3DS
Chain Blaster - 3DS *new*
Runny Egg - 3DS *new*

Total: 57

Previously: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010

Unfortunately these games were as lackluster as the prior two 3DS games I played were enjoyable.

Both are serviceable, but extremely easy and quite short. Chain Blaster has some great ideas that it doesn't put into service with a challenging range of levels, Runny Egg is cute but unpolished.

Meh.