Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Exhuminator Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:30 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:fog and crotches

I appreciate the amount of detail you went into about how the fog bothers the crotches. The censorship was dumb, yes. It was totally a great idea to diminish the sole reason anyone is interested in the game. :roll: The gameplay sounds decent though, I'll buy it one day.
isiolia wrote:I think some of that is simply subjective.

Oh it's all subjective. :lol: My thoughts and your thoughts concerning the various merits of KF4 are both totally subjective. But even though we don't agree on all of it, I still appreciate that you took the time to play through the game. It's one of the greatest hidden gems of the PS2 IMO.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Speaking of immersive FPS games, have either of you played Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth or Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay?

I beat Butcher Bay many years ago on PC, I definitely enjoyed the game. One of those exception to the rule experiences (movie license games tend to suck but Riddick does not).

Never played C:DCotE, but I have the PC version. I was put off about it after a dude I knew played through it and ranted about how horrible it was. He tends to have shit taste in gaming though, so I'm not taking his word or anything.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Sadly the PC version of Call of Cthulhu sounds pretty bad, really buggy supposedly. And then the Xbox version is pricey and hard to find.
Ack

by Ack Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:04 pm

It's not as bad as you think. When I beat it, I was playing the PC version. While I did have a few problems, in particular with one switch not working, a simple reload was usually all it needed to work again.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:fog and crotches

I appreciate the amount of detail you went into about how the fog bothers the crotches. The censorship was dumb, yes. It was totally a great idea to diminish the sole reason anyone is interested in the game. :roll: The gameplay sounds decent though, I'll buy it one day.

Yeah I was trying to be thorough with my review-thing, but I really had a hard time trying to word the censorship part. I'm definitely not as good with my words like many people here :lol:

But I'm glad you'll be giving it a try :)
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:54 am

Xeogred wrote:Sadly the PC version of Call of Cthulhu sounds pretty bad, really buggy supposedly. And then the Xbox version is pricey and hard to find.

Holy shit, no kidding. I just looked up prices for the Xbox version. I got mine for about $15 CIB four years ago. Not sure if prices rocketed since then or if I got a really good deal, but either way, I'm glad I got my copy when I did.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

by Ack Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 am

laurenhiya21 wrote:Yeah I was trying to be thorough with my review-thing, but I really had a hard time trying to word the censorship part. I'm definitely not as good with my words like many people here :lol:

Nah, no worries. You're doing just fine.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 am

laurenhiya21 wrote:I'm definitely not as good with my words like many people here

I enjoy your reviews. You also have particularly good taste in gaming, so I'm that much more interested in the games you do review.

(As an aside; I would like to see an indie band called "The Foggy Crotches".)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 am

alienjesus wrote:BOXBOY! is a fantastic experience that everyone should pick up. I'm very much looking forward to playing the sequel BOXBOXBOY! sometime soon.

BOXBOXBOY! is great, and I am playing through it right now. (I finished it a few days ago, and I am working through the extra levels.) It is very similar to the original, however; so, you may want to take some time between games. Otherwise, I think you risk burning out.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:(As an aside; I would like to see an indie band called "The Foggy Crotches".)

Who here can play an instrument or sing? I think we just decided on the name of the official Racketboy band.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 pm

I can sing.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to General Gaming