Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by MrPopo »

You also grinded the hell out of things. The last few maps in Birthright are reasonably challenging if you're in the low-mid teens.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Michi wrote:I'm looking forward to starting up Conquest shortly. I'm sure after playing Birthright, it will royally kick my ass.

Yeah, like Popo said, if you're low level, the last few maps can be a decent challenge, but if you grinded for support relationships or played through some of the DLC like I did, it's SUPER easy. Conquest is, as you suspect, the exact opposite. It's balls hard (IMO the hardest of the western released FE games). Revelation is the best of the three in terms of difficulty level; its right between the two and about on par with the other FE games. There are a couple of maps where the difficulty spikes, but for the most part, Revelation is the best of the three paths.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

January:
1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
7) Mighty Final Fight
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
9) Monster In My Pocket
10) Battle of Olympus
11) Gunstar Heroes (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)
18) Crisis Force
19) Esper Dream 2
20) Felix the Cat
21) Moon Crystal
22) Panic Restaurant
23) Frankenstein (NES)
24) Crystalis
25) Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu

February:
26) Killer Instinct (GB)
27) Mashin Hero Wataru Gaiden
28) Sly Spy (Arcade)
29) The Red Star (unreleased XBOX, also on PS2)
30) Adventure Island 4
31) Cocoron
32) Batman: Arkham Knight
33) Xeodrifter (Vita)
34) Doom 2
35) Brandish: The Dark Revenant
36) Magical Pop'n
37) The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
38) Phantasy Star (SMS)
39) Phantasy Star III
40) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
41) Brandish: The Dark Revenant (Dela Mode)

March:
42) Freedom Planet (Milla, 82 lives lost)
43) Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
44) Lara Croft Go
45) Oniken
46) Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
47) Batman: The Video Game (GB)
48) Batman: The Video Game (NES)
49) Super Spy Hunter

April:

50) Mega Man 2

Finally, another game beaten. And of course, it's one I've beaten countless times before. I was actually trying to finish before I had to run to choir practice, but a brain fart saw me going to Heat Man's stage before I got Item-2. I still managed to get across the blocks on my third run... but there's a sort of semi-randomness to the blocks that spawn above you, and it can screw you up big time. For the record, I got to the third Wily stage in about 40 minutes.

I plugged in a password when I got home and finished using my EDN8. Was just curious to see how accurate it was, and I didn't notice any differences between it and the actual cart.

This was certainly a harder game for me back in the day, but now, it's kinda like Contra: a comfort food game that I can blast through in under an hour. And yes, I was playing on "Difficult", which is actually normal.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

MrPopo wrote:You also grinded the hell out of things. The last few maps in Birthright are reasonably challenging if you're in the low-mid teens.

Yeah, I realized during those last few maps that I overdid it. But I was enjoying myself and wasn't even thinking about the possibility over-leveling. Oh well :lol:

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, like Popo said, if you're low level, the last few maps can be a decent challenge, but if you grinded for support relationships or played through some of the DLC like I did, it's SUPER easy.

I didn't even do any of the DLC chapters, I was just filling out the supports by doing the provided challenges :? The way you guys have talked it up, I am now both wary and looking forward to starting Conquest later this week :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Michi wrote:The way you guys have talked it up, I am now both wary and looking forward to starting Conquest later this week :lol:

There is zero shame in playing Conquest on Casual. I mean, I don't think there's any shame in playing Fire Emblem in general on Casual, but even "hardcore" gamers (I hate that phrase) would probably not judge someone much for playing that one on Casual. It's legitimately balls hard; there were a few maps where one tactical mistake got my entire team wiped in a single turn.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:but even "hardcore" gamers would probably not judge someone much for playing that one on Casual.

Ha! You need to get NAtURAL DOCtRINE and find out what a hard SRPG actually is.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:but even "hardcore" gamers would probably not judge someone much for playing that one on Casual.

Ha! You need to get NAtURAL DOCtRINE and find out what a hard SRPG actually is.

I've got it on my Amazon wishlist. If it gets really cheap (below $15) for PS4, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, it's pretty far down my list of games to get TBH.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

If you've still got access to a PS3, it's only $19.29 brand new on Amazon right now.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've still got my PS3, and it's still hooked up (I have my Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, PSTV, 360, XBone, PC, Dreamcast, Ouya, and Retron 5 hooked up to my main TV at all times). I just have a personal rule that I get games for whatever system I like the most, and I prefer the PS4 over the PS3.

animeprotege

Post by animeprotege »

Beat GTA 5 and Uncharted 1 on PS4.About to finish Destiny pretty soon.