Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looked up Thief Gold on GOG.com. Gotta admit that it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll try it someday.

Let me know if they port the game to iOS or the Wii U.

:lol:

Prediction: by this time next year you'll be deep into GOG.com and Steam.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Guys, don't forget the Summer Challenge later this year...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I only do 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen for the Summer Challenge.

btw your RFGen profile is coming along nicely.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looked up Thief Gold on GOG.com. Gotta admit that it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll try it someday.

Thief Gold hasn't aged super well, imo. All of the levels in the undead-infested areas are really annoying. The 2nd game is soooo much better, although I would recommend at least trying Thief Gold before Thief 2, because they are very similar.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I digress. I played Thief Gold, 2, and System Shock 2 completely fresh only a few years ago and they frankly blew my mind. I'm pretty sure I haven't played anything as atmospheric since Thief. Some of the levels like the zombie cathedral, or the elemental towers, or the fire cave temple area that had no enemies at all, were some head scratchers at times with me getting lost... but it's that quirkiness to the first game and the weirder storyline that makes me like it a little more than 2. Also you can't deny that the final level 2 is flatout ridiculous, lmfao, that level is as big as the entire game. Think it almost took me two weeks to figure out, and I'm not joking in the least. I don't know if I could ever play that level again. But I loved how some of 2's levels reminded me of Deus Ex, like the docks level.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
7) Mighty Final Fight
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
9) Monster In My Pocket
10) Battle of Olympus
11) Gunstar Heroes (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)
18) Crisis Force
19) Esper Dream 2
20) Felix the Cat
21) Moon Crystal
22) Panic Restaurant
23) Frankenstein (NES)
24) Crystalis
25) Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu

This is a four-player tournament fighter in the Riki Kunio series. It's actually very solid. It's too bad the translation I played was pretty terrible, and seemed to have issues on the actual hardware as well as far as text boxes and overflow and such. It might be part of the original patch, too. Anyway, it's a ton of fun, and the mechanics should be quite familiar to anyone who loved River City Ransom, although this adds quite a bit more into the mix. Highly recommended for a quick jaunt through single-player or competitive play.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2016

Spirits of Xanadu - PC
Tales From the Borderlands: Episode 1 - PC
Operation C - Game Boy
That Dragon, Cancer - PC
Contra - NES
Super C - NES
Contra III - The Alien Wars - SNES
Tekken - PS1 *new*
The King of Fighters '99 - PS1 *new*
Street Fighter Alpha - PS1 *new*

Total: 10

Previously: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010

I've been spending most of the past few days in a waiting room at the hospital, so have been picking up the Vita from time to time for arcade-style games. Exhuminator's recent PS1 playing inspired some time spent with fighters, which I'll now put up on here...
Last edited by dsheinem on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
touchofkiel
32-bit

Post by touchofkiel »

Sarge wrote:14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)

Hell yeah, Cap is one of my favorites. Might have been a classic if it had a few more months to diversify the enemies and level design... but the core gameplay is really great and polished. Also some really excellent music. I have a finished, unpublished blog post review that I'll be posting sometime this week, probably... and another post covering the arcade (and ports) version.

Same goes for the Double Dragon series... right now I'm just trying to decide if I should break it down by entry, with each one covering arcade/nes... or split it up into arcade trilogy and NES trilogy, because they play quite differently.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

1. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo AES)
2. Ridge Racer (PS1)
3. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP)

4. Nitronic Rush (PC)

Replayed Story Mode to test out my new replacement XB1 controller. Such a fun driving game. Can't wait for Distance to come out of Early Access (cause I don't play that shit).
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:All of the levels in the undead-infested areas are really annoying.

Really? Those were my favorite levels. Zombies, ghosts, demons, insect monsters, dinosaur monsters, etc. I loved all that stuff. The absence of such from Thief 2 was a big part of why I didn't enjoy Thief 2 as much.
Xeogred wrote:I played Thief Gold, 2, and System Shock 2 completely fresh only a few years ago and they frankly blew my mind.

This man knows quality gaming when he plays it.
dsheinem wrote:I've been spending most of the past few days in a waiting room at the hospital, so have been picking up the Vita from time to time for arcade-style games. Exhuminator's recent PS1 playing inspired some time spent with fighters, which I'll now put up on here...

Sorry to hear you've had to spend time in a hospital for any reason. Glad to hear you got some of that sweet PS1 fighter lovin' though. I'm not done binging myself just yet.

@Sarge - I can't help but laugh that despite recently acquiring a PS4, it's NES games that you're burning through. I don't know if that says more about the PS4 or the NES. :lol:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.