Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:but this one will be closer to 16 years

Elder gamer bro fist.

I say just read over a walkthrough to catch you back up to where you are in the game, and soldier on from there.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yep, I was digging around last night. I'm in the final stretch run, or close to it. I've already got the Aero Parts for Wren, Sean is at level 13 (and a guide I was reading recommends level 16 for that last area), so I'm guessing I could have it done in under five hours. I both hate it when I drop a game that close to the end, but it's immensely gratifying to discover that I was that close, too.

(Also, yes, my memories of getting the "green-haired dude" were correct. :))
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I ended up with the sorcerer twins. They wrecked everything though, so it was good.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I know my other save was one with Rhys, right before the first choice, in case I decided to do all the other routes. In hindsight, it's probably something much easier to manage in an emulator, because having only two save slots sucks.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

January:
1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
7) Mighty Final Fight
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
9) Monster In My Pocket
10) Battle of Olympus
11) Gunstar Heroes (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)
18) Crisis Force
19) Esper Dream 2
20) Felix the Cat
21) Moon Crystal
22) Panic Restaurant
23) Frankenstein (NES)
24) Crystalis
25) Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu

26) Killer Instinct (GB)
27) Mashin Hero Wataru Gaiden
28) Sly Spy (Arcade)
29) The Red Star (unreleased XBOX, also on PS2)
30) Adventure Island 4
31) Cocoron
32) Batman: Arkham Knight
33) Xeodrifter (Vita)
34) Doom 2
35) Brandish: The Dark Revenant
36) Magical Pop'n
37) The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
38) Phantasy Star (SMS)
39) Phantasy Star III

That save game for Phantasy Star III was so close to the end, it's got me wondering if I actually beat it and forgot about it! Some of it seemed familiar... but then, I didn't remember the last battle that well, or the ending, so I'm gonna just say that I finished it. (Seriously, though, I was decked out with almost all the optimal equipment, and had loaded everyone else up with Trimates, so I was clearly prepared for the final push.)

I actually like Phantasy Star III a lot, and I always have. I've never really subscribed to the notion that it was awful, it was just different. Kinda like Zelda II, although it still hews much closer to the formula. I'd probably rate the series as IV > II > III > I, but the gap between II and III is pretty small. PSIV towers over them all in my mind. :D

Anyway, I'm ecstatic I can cross that off the list, and now I've beaten all the mainline Phantasy Star games. :)
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Yay Sarge! Also, you lucky duck, getting the Sean/Adam ending music. That tune is amazing.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, since I know PSIII is the black sheep of the family, is this the same Wren that shows up in PSIV? I'm under the impression that PSIII might not be canon, since those ending vary pretty wildly.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (DS)
2. The Order 1886 (PS4)

The Order 1886 is a mediocre game as far as game play goes and it's pretty short even though they padded it with a lot of forced walking segments. Also it suffers from alot of QTEs which can be annoying at time. It however has a story which begins to get really good towards the last third or so of the game and the graphics are very well done. Game currently goes for $10 "new" at gamestop and it was well worth that. Honestly I kind of hope it gets a sequel, but I figure that is somewhat unlikely.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Key-Glyph wrote:Yay Sarge! Also, you lucky duck, getting the Sean/Adam ending music. That tune is amazing.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, since I know PSIII is the black sheep of the family, is this the same Wren that shows up in PSIV? I'm under the impression that PSIII might not be canon, since those ending vary pretty wildly.

Same model of android, different unique character.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:
Key-Glyph wrote:Yay Sarge! Also, you lucky duck, getting the Sean/Adam ending music. That tune is amazing.

Same model of android, different unique character.

Yeah the WREN model persists from PS2 through PS3 and into PS4.

Not sure if WREN exists in the PSO games or not.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Ah, thanks, both of you. That's pretty neat.

Also, question for any of you NES masters... is there any actual technique to WCW? I was never really clear on this.

No spoilers or cheats, please - just looking for a "yes, timing is involved" or "no, just keep mashing and sometimes you'll win."

:lol:

EDIT: Wow, nevermind - I just discovered something crucial I never knew about. No wonder I could never beat this game!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would