Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by Sarge »

Exhuminator wrote:Oh no no, definitely not decrying your abilities. You'd stomp all over my ass in a platformer contest. :lol: But I'd utterly annihilate you in an FPS arena. :twisted: There is balance in the cosmos.

On that, there is no doubt. I'm perhaps competent in the FPS arena, nothing more. And that's single-player, mostly. In a competitive environment? Oof. I'm good at surviving, but not at the killing. ;)

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I stomp you both in the realm of irresponsible spending. :lol:

How much are you spending? ;)
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I stomp you both in the realm of irresponsible spending. :lol:

How much are you spending? ;)

Well, I don't have any credit card debt, but I don't have any money for the next seven days, either. Considering that I had about $2000 on my credit cards (though, admittedly, only half of that was unrestrained game buying) at the start of the month, though, I think that's pretty good (thank GOD Vance County teachers get a bonus in November and in March).

As for actual amounts.....too much. Let's just leave it at that; I'm too scared to tally it up precisely.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Well, that makes two of us on that last bit. I go through binges and droughts, though. And I never hit the credit cards for games. Actually, I never hit credit cards at all unless I'm on travel, and that's more of a "you're not getting to my real money" preventative measure.

Thankfully, I'm blessed to have a job that pays well, so I don't feel significant financial crunch.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I use my credit cards for everything, but that's more to take advantage of the cash back rewards I get with all of them than anything else. I try to avoid spending more than I can pay off, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't binge a little too much on occasion or let pre-orders tip me over that point from time to time.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I use my credit cards for everything, but that's more to take advantage of the cash back rewards I get with all of them than anything else. I try to avoid spending more than I can pay off, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't binge a little too much on occasion or let pre-orders tip me over that point from time to time.

I just don't like to carry a lot of cash on me and fuck writing checks. But I never carry a balance on my credit card from month to month.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I have 2 credit cards that I buy everything with and then pay off at the end of the month. It's for the rewards. I mean, I don't need to buy things out of credit due to lack of cash. Because if I couldn't outright afford something that's luxury related no way I'm buying it on credit alone.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yep, I do that, too. Any online ordering I do is with the credit card. I don't spend money I don't actually have in my checking account, and pay it off immediately at the end of the month. And I've gotten a lot of rewards points, I've redeemed them a few times for Best Buy gift cards. :)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

To clarify, I mean I also pay household bills and buy groceries and everything with either of those two cards. If I spend money, it goes on a card. The main reason is one of those cards builds up free flying miles which is great for vacations.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I should probably do more of that, actually. Rack up more points.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I just payed off my credit card debt with tha tax return (I spent a shitload in home improvements last summer).

Now I can mooch money off the wife without feeling guilty.

Wait, what thread is this?