Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Just finished Killzone: Liberation (finally). Took me somewhere around 5 hours.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

1. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo AES)

2. Ridge Racer (PS1)

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRR. Where it all started. Unlocked all tracks and whatnot, seen credits roll. Fun for a while, but refinements in later entries only make me want to play them instead. Looks good up-rezzed in ePSXe tho.

3. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP)

Arcade Mode run. Probably will do World Tour mode at some point, but I think that's gonna be thru PPSSPP. The PSP just isn't made for fighting games, really. This is definitely the best version of the game though. All dem characters and modes.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I finally finished Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. I don't know how you guys think it's too easy unless it's on normal; it took me a good 9 hours or so of almost non-stop gameplay to beat that. That game abused my butt so badly...

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

9 hours for a rail shooter? Seems redunk.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:9 hours for a rail shooter? Seems redunk.

You didn't watch me spend an hour straight dying at the same boss...

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I finally finished Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. I don't know how you guys think it's too easy unless it's on normal; it took me a good 9 hours or so of almost non-stop gameplay to beat that. That game abused my butt so badly...

Congrats! What'd you think of the game?

SS took me about 3.5 hours the first time I beat it (on normal also). But I was playing it co-op so that might have helped.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I was playing solo. I'm also bad at video games.

It's a REALLY good game, but I don't like the faces on the two protagonists (they make me uncomfortable; idk why), and I think they got a little too boss-happy (there were like four or five bosses in one level). The dodging mechanics and using melee to reflect projectiles are so damn smooth, though. You were right, that really is Treasure's masterpiece.

No joke, about a third of my 9 hours or so was on the last boss. I could not for life of me kill him in time.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The sign of a great final boss!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:The sign of a great final boss!

The sign of a boss that goes in dry with no warning.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

So at TSTR's advice, I gave Crisis Force a go. Took me four tries to get through it, and that's while bumping up my lives from the default. That last run was pretty good, but I don't know if it would have been enough with the default set. Used one continue during that span, so one can assume I would have used two otherwise, and I likely would have burned the last one on the final stage. That last boss, though... other than me getting really careless against the first form, it went quite smoothly. Well, I take that back, the homing lasers wiped me out on the last form a couple of times.

Anyway, it's a pretty decent shooter, especially for the NES. I still like The Guardian Legend a bit better, but this one actually feels really solid. Konami really knew how to make 'em back then. Of course, with everything going on, there's tons of flicker and slowdown, but that's actually quite handy in many spots... at least the slowdown was. That barrage of wall cannons in the last stage, in particular, is pretty easy to navigate if you keep shooting to help slow things down (and honestly, in a game like this, why would you stop shooting?).

Thanks for the rec, for sure. I'll likely be giving U-four-ia a go some time in the near future, and I remember sinking a good deal of time into Cocoron (that's the one with all the differing body part combinations, right?) back when it was first translated. Pretty sure I never beat it, though. I did, however, beat that Splatterhouse game pretty recently, and it's surprisingly decent!
Last edited by Sarge on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.