Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Just make sure you've got a pillow to bite; Demon's Souls goes in dry.

Maybe its just me, but I thought that Demon's Souls reputation for difficulty was drastically overstated. If you can beat third-person action games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden Black, force yourself to play cautiously, and have a grasp of RPG conventions, it really won't give you too much of a hard time. It is consistently fair, and it is just so much fun.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Just make sure you've got a pillow to bite; Demon's Souls goes in dry.

You've never played any King's Field have you?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:After all that build up, I can't help but think that you'll be disappointed (or that you will be tired of the series' conventions like you are with LoZ).

From Software's dungeon crawl formula is spot on perfect for my taste. I'm not gonna get tired of it. And by playing the games in order, they just get more and more impressive.

I would still have loved Skyward if Nintendo had not piled so much unnecessary junk on top of the formula as they did.

Edits: My words I don't know typing finger.
Last edited by Exhuminator on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

After I played The 7th Saga I grew an extra set of nuts so Demon's Souls wasn't too bad.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:After I played The 7th Saga I grew an extra set of nuts so Demon's Souls wasn't too bad.

I'm part Klingon, so I already had backups of everything.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:After I played The 7th Saga I grew an extra set of nuts so Demon's Souls wasn't too bad.

I am definitely going to beat that game this year, BTW. There are certain games that have a reputation for difficulty on this forum - 7th Saga (SNES), GRAW (PC), King's Field (PS1), R-Type Delta (PS1), etc. - and I would like to beat all of them (...except GRAW (PC)...I don't have a gaming PC, and I have absolutely no interest in that genre).

Are there any other games with a reputation for difficulty on this forum that I am overlooking (and really need to beat)?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Are there any other games with a reputation for difficulty on this forum that I am overlooking (and really need to beat)?

I don't know about this forum, but go beat Viewtiful Joe on Adults difficulty. I did that once and I will never do it again.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Are there any other games with a reputation for difficulty on this forum that I am overlooking (and really need to beat)?

I don't know about this forum, but go beat Viewtiful Joe on Adults difficulty. I did that once and I will never do it again.

I actually didn't like Viewtiful Joe all that much (which came as a bit of surprise to me). I really should give it another shot someday, however.

With regard to my previous question, there are several games - like The 7th Saga - that are mentioned repeatedly on this forum as being very difficult. I would like to beat all of those games so that I can join in conversations about them. I think I listed all of them in my post, but I may have overlooked one or two. (Certainly, there are games with a general reputation for difficulty - Battletoads, I Wanna Be The Guy, Super Meat Boy, etc. - but I am mostly interested in the ones we discuss arround here repeatedly.)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The only game I've seen talked about lately for its difficulty, that you didn't mention already, is:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Admittedly I hadn't noticed us talking about Holy Diver until relatively recent, so it makes sense he hadn't thought of it.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Battletoads is pretty tough.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.