Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

by Xeogred Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 pm

1. Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (PC)
2. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter* (PC)
3. Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (PC)
4. D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (PC)
5. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (PC)
6. Deadcore (PC)
7. Yakuza 4 (PS3)
8. Hyper Light Drifter (PC)
9. Doom 2: Valiant (PC)
10. Resident Evil 7 (PS4)
10. Doom 2: Ancient Aliens (PC)
11. Doom 2: Vanguard (PC)
12. Doom 2: Doom 2 The Way id Did (PC)
13. Doom 2: Community Chest Pack 4 (PC)
14. Doom: Doom The Way id Did (PC)
15. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (PC)
16. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (PC)
17. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)
18. Dishonored 2 (PC)
19. Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
20. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
21. Super Mario Land (GB)
22. Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
23. Mighty Final Fight (NES)
24. Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)
25. Trip World (GB)
26. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)
27. Aladdin (Genesis)
28. Streets of Rage (SMS)
29. Streets of Rage (Genesis)

* replay

After a failed run at Final Fight CD, I thought I'd take a relaxing bath in the superior beat em' up series. 8)

I actually don't even know if this is a replay. Maybe I've played SoR1 through once or twice on the Sonic Sega Mega Ultimate Collection set, but beyond that I grew up on the two sequels way more. But I know the SoR1 levels quite well from SoR Remake. Just kind of funny I know them better from the fan game.

Blaze rules. But the Evil Blaze Twins are ludicrous here. I couldn't figure them out at all. But backwards attacks seemed to get them in a repetitive trap sometimes, one would try to drop kick me while the other walked up and sometimes I could back kick them both. But yeah it was a lot of luck. In SoR Remake I think the programming must be a tad different and recall them being easier to handle, especially on the last stage. I remember it being really easy to get them trapped against the wall on the left door and you can easily knock them out. But not in the original game here.

Cool to notice the slim differences between this and the SMS demake. The SMS game actually has a few new unique bosses. Here in the original they just reused two of the big tall claw guys in the factory level.

Overall a fantastic experience otherwise. Beautiful game, God tier OST, etc. Only weird thing is no enemy health bars. The series started off with a bang and was only uphill from here. A replay of 2-3 is inevitable as those are some of my favorite Genesis games of all time.

Technically I guess I played the Bare Knuckle version.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu May 04, 2017 10:56 pm

It always takes me a little bit to grok the moveset of the twins when I come back to it after a while. They're tough. Really, though, it's all about baiting one into a jump kick, which you can punish. Each of them walks a bit differently based on which role they're playing, and if memory serves they can shift which one is coming to throw you and which one is doing the jump kicks. If you can keep them straight, you're okay. It's not so bad the first time, because you can nuke 'em to death, but in last stage... not so much.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu May 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Just realized I posted in the wrong thread... me sleepy. :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri May 05, 2017 10:15 am

Hahaha! Well, I went right along with it!
Return to General Gaming