Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by Xeogred »

I hate to say, I was confused wondering if he really meant the original Thief, or Thief... eh Thief 2014. Ughhhhh thanks terrible names. Not as bad as Xbox One though, it's a pain in the ass researching the original Xbox now.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:I hate to say, I was confused wondering if he really meant the original Thief, or Thief... eh Thief 2014. Ughhhhh thanks terrible names. Not as bad as Xbox One though, it's a pain in the ass researching the original Xbox now.

I was referencing the original Thief in my review. MrPopo (I think) was referencing the 2014 version. I also haven't played more than an hour of the 2014 version. It didn't immediately grab me, so I put it down for now.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Stark wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I hate to say, I was confused wondering if he really meant the original Thief, or Thief... eh Thief 2014. Ughhhhh thanks terrible names. Not as bad as Xbox One though, it's a pain in the ass researching the original Xbox now.

I was referencing the original Thief in my review. MrPopo (I think) was referencing the 2014 version. I also haven't played more than an hour of the 2014 version. It didn't immediately grab me, so I put it down for now.

So, we are officially all confused, thanks to stupid names. :lol:

I give Thief 2014 a 6/10. That's kind of a "for the fans" zone. Not as in fans of the series, but if you like the stealth type of gameplay, or slow hub based first person games and the likes. Dishonored really destroys it in most areas. The best way to play Thief 2014 is to just blast through the main story and it's actually not that long. It has an amazing art direction and cool atmosphere, but the game mechanics just don't work very well and the story is completely forgettable.

Play the Riddick games instead.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:Play the Riddick games instead.

I have and yes they're amazing. One of the reasons Starbreeze is one of my favorite devs.

I mean Riddick, The Darkness, Syndicate, Payday 2, and Brothers: Tale of Two Sons? That's some pedigree.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The 2014 Thief was, in my opinion, complete rubbish. 4/10 probably. It was just...so boring. I ended up just sprinting everywhere blasting this and running past the guards just so I could finish the game sooner.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tiduas
16-bit

Post by Tiduas »

I just completed Super Robot Taisen OG: Dark Prison (PS3).

Since SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen was released my super robot spirit have kind of vanished. The game just felt unfinished and dull story, graphic and music wise. Even the menus felt clunky.

So I dropped it and haven't looked back until a few days ago when they finally released a trailer for the new game in the OG saga, "The Moon Dwellers". I've always been a huge fan of the OG games and have so far really enjoyed everything the games have to offer, especially the story is what makes me really eager to play the next one.

Finally since my motivation came back to me I finished Dark Prison today. This is somewhat of a side story running parallel to SRW OGs2 so if one haven't finished that one this game is a mess to follow. Also, all the other games doesn't require knowledge of japanese to enjoy as long as you appreciate the gameplay, music, animations and everything else. But this game runs short on new stuff from these departments, it's basically only interesting because you get to follow what the protagonist of the game, Shuu Shirakawa, does all the time.

Do we have any other Super Robot Taisen fans on the forums btw?
My YouTube channel with a focus on mainly retro and indie titles:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stark wrote:

Nope, I was referencing the original. By the time I picked it up I was trying to focus on games I'd started but not finished, so it's deep in the backlog.

And it's FFV I've played billions of times, not IV. I think IV is the weakest of the SNES FF games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

You've not played the original Thief??!!??!?!

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Stark wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Play the Riddick games instead.

I have and yes they're amazing. One of the reasons Starbreeze is one of my favorite devs.

I mean Riddick, The Darkness, Syndicate, Payday 2, and Brothers: Tale of Two Sons? That's some pedigree.

Oh man... The Darkness was cool, but I really didn't care for 2. Different devs, go figure. lol...

Not as bad as FEAR 2 -> FEAR 3 though. Man I freaking hate 3. :evil:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I thought FFV was the weakest, but then, I can see that game's appeal with the way you can break it using the Job system. It gives it a lot of replayability. (Clearly!)

I thought the FFIV remake on DS was aces, and was really disappointed they didn't give FFV the same treatment. I have a sneaking suspicion it might have become one of my favorites.

Also, I've never played a Thief game. That makes me a bad, bad person.