Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

MrPopo wrote:So VC3 fixes all the pacing problems. Every single mission matters in the same way the VC1 missions mattered. Sometimes you get optional missions that help you out in the primary missions. There are side missions, but they are story missions for your squad members and so they also matter. And you can freely swap classes, rather than having to deal with the awards bullshit.

PRAISE JESUS. I'll be playing that once my rage from wasting 30 hours of my life on meaningless side missions subsides.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Does the first game have these issues?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The first game was brilliant. It kept you in the story the whole time.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Good. Can't wait to get that one. 8)
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

MrPopo wrote:So VC3 fixes all the pacing problems. Every single mission matters in the same way the VC1 missions mattered. Sometimes you get optional missions that help you out in the primary missions. There are side missions, but they are story missions for your squad members and so they also matter. And you can freely swap classes, rather than having to deal with the awards bullshit.

Is there an English patch for the 3rd game? Or is it like Fire Emblem, where an in-depth ability to read really isn't a requirement to complete or enjoy the game?
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

There's an English patch. Exhuminator was telling me about it week or so ago.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

First off, VC2 is fantastic. And I did EVERY SINGLE SIDE MISSION and I loved it. I put almost 50 hours into the game. My only complaint with VC2 was the protagonist's laugh. Yeah. Elkin, you know what I'm talking about. STFU AVAN!

That said, VC1 is the better game. No doubt. VC1 is a legit classic SRPG. Like on the top 5 Japanese produced SRPGs of all time? Yeah, VC1 deserves to be on that list. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you rage, it'll make you pump your fist in victory, and it might even make you cry. But what it won't do is waste your time.

And yes, VC3 is available in English. Feel free to download the prepatched ISO here:

http://nicoblog.org/psp/valkyria-chroni ... h-patched/

I haven't played through it yet. But chances are I will this year, or very early next.

Valkyria Chronicles is the best SRPG series in a long, long time.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

VC1 and 2 are games I've owned for absolutely ages but never touched. You guys are really making me psyched to get on them though! Now I just gotta find the tiiiime Xp
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Oh, I made sure to do every single mission until the end of the story. I probably put closer to 70 hours into it with having to retry missions I fucked up.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

What I didn't do in VC2, was the post-game optional missions. I admit I was burnt out after I actually beat the game. But man do you get your money's worth with VC2. :lol:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.