Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by Xeogred »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:1. Cubivore-GCN
2. Deadly Premonition:The Director's Cut-PS3

3. Bioshock: Infinite
4. Bioshcok: Infinite: Burial at Sea ep. 1

Loved this one, though I wasn't the biggest fan of swapping to a two gun system rather than having all the guns at once. Burial at Sea fixed that though. The story was... phew, out there. But then again, I liked it.

Ep2 gets even crazier and was amazing, but definitely changes up the formula. Felt like Thief in Rapture.
visual_death
24-bit

Post by visual_death »

I finally just beat/finished Heavy Rain (PS3)!

Loved the story. Controls during non-quick time events sucked...but otherwise good game.

Since I finally have more time, I'm trying to finish games that I started. Next one I might try to tackle and finally finish is either Ni no Kuni or Last of Us...

I have a lot of unfinished modern games to beat...
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

visual_death wrote:I finally just beat/finished Heavy Rain (PS3)!

Loved the story. Controls during non-quick time events sucked...but otherwise good game.

Since I finally have more time, I'm trying to finish games that I started. Next one I might try to tackle and finally finish is either Ni no Kuni or Last of Us...

I have a lot of unfinished modern games to beat...

THE LAST OF US. That still holds my spot for "Overall Best Video Game of All Time."
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Shows how much opinions varied. I thought TLoU looked fantastic, and really did feel like playing a movie, but at the same time, the gameplay was just solid. Nothing standout in my opinion. Make no mistake, I enjoyed the heck out of it, but it played pretty average.

That ending, though. I've seen so many arguments about that, and I gotta say, I come down on Joel's side in this case. (That should be sufficiently vague as to not spoil anything!)
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:Shows how much opinions varied. I thought TLoU looked fantastic, and really did feel like playing a movie, but at the same time, the gameplay was just solid. Nothing standout in my opinion. Make no mistake, I enjoyed the heck out of it, but it played pretty average.

That ending, though. I've seen so many arguments about that, and I gotta say, I come down on Joel's side in this case. (That should be sufficiently vague as to not spoil anything!)

See, I've always said that in every aspect of that game, other games have done it better, but I don't think any other game (at least that I've played) as done that well in that many ways. Does that make sense?

And I totally agree with you about the ending. 10/10 would let it make me cry again (even though I've played through it three times).

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Definitely says a lot for how they built up the characters. And I understand what you're saying for sure. It's one of those "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" deals. There's no question that I found it far better than its individual elements, but it just didn't go to GOTY status for me.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I thought the ending was god tier. It was believable and different.

The gameplay is 10x better than Uncharted haha. But yeah, I pretty much played TLoU back to back with Evil Within, which has much better combat and gameplay to me (as expected from a Shinji Mikami game).

Next time I replay TLoU will be without that lame zombie/hearing aid vision thing.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I tried The Last of Us at my brother's house once. I lasted (haha) about ten minutes then asked if we could switch to Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I tried The Last of Us at my brother's house once. I lasted (haha) about ten minutes then asked if we could switch to Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

o dat crazy bone
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:I thought the ending was god tier. It was believable and different.

The gameplay is 10x better than Uncharted haha. But yeah, I pretty much played TLoU back to back with Evil Within, which has much better combat and gameplay to me (as expected from a Shinji Mikami game).

Next time I replay TLoU will be without that lame zombie/hearing aid vision thing.

Honestly (and this might ought to go in the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread), I HATED The Evil Within. It just felt kind of generic with the atmosphere, and neither the characters nor the story interested me. Idk what it was, but it just didn't do it for me.

Also, for games beaten, I just finished Corpse Party: Book of Shadows. That's one hell of a cliffhanger. Good thing I have Blood Drive sitting on my shelf. 8)