Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:Never really thought of registering on howlongtobeat, but I have gotten a little OCD about checking it out for most games now. It irks me a lot when games or save slots don't keep track of time, haha.

My problem with that is that I inevitably end up getting distracted by my phone or dog while I play (or I fall asleep with the controller in my hands; that happens more than I care to admit), so a game that took me 30 hours to beat would often say 35 or 40.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

flash1987
24-bit

Post by flash1987 »

1. Grim Dawn - PC

NEW 2. Dragon Ball GT - Transformations (GBA)

So I'm still playing Grim Dawn in co-op but I've also been watching the new Dragon Ball Super TV series and it's reminded me of younger times when I loved the Dragon Ball series. I've played most of the older 2D fighting games and the card based RPGs but never seen this title before so gave it a shot.

Transformation is a traditional beat em up with some little extras thrown in and only took me about 3 or 4 hours to complete over a couple of days, although I bet it could be done in 2.

You play as Goku, Pan and Trunks switching between them to strategically recharge health. All have pretty much the same moves as you make your way through 12 levels all made of 3 sections which end with a boss fight. 90% of the levels are good fun and its an enjoyable beat em up. The flying levels suck though.

I also wanted to play as Vegeta but even after playing through the entire game once I didn't have enough money to unlock one single bonus character... that's more replaying than I fancy doing.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:Never really thought of registering on howlongtobeat, but I have gotten a little OCD about checking it out for most games now. It irks me a lot when games or save slots don't keep track of time, haha.

For those games, I just track my own time with pen and paper, logging play sessions as they go.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Exhuminator wrote:

For those games, I just track my own time with pen and paper, logging play sessions as they go.

My figures are in the ballpark. I do like how the 3DS and Wii U (and the Wii before it) keep a log of play time. I'm always fascinated by what bubbles to the top when I check it. It also told me I barely played the 3DS last year. It's going to get some love very soon, though, with Paper Jam about to drop.

Part of me wants to keep more detailed logs... but that's a rabbit hole I might never emerge from. :(
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:It also told me I barely played the 3DS last year. It's going to get some love very soon, though, with Paper Jam about to drop.

Fire Emblem: Fates is what's going to get my 3DS some love this year (although Harvest December on the eShop got it about 25 hours of my time this month).

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Fire Emblem: Fates is what's going to get my 3DS some love this year (although Harvest December on the eShop got it about 25 hours of my time this month).

I want to get it... but my OCD would have me buy the big package, and then I would proceed to not play it. I mean, I've still got Awakening that I've barely touched. At least that game allows you to not have perma-death, which is what's always sapped my will to keep going. I can't bear the thought of losing anyone, so I basically have to play for perfection.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:It also told me I barely played the 3DS last year.

Yeah I'm real dumb about my 3DS playing lately.

I've got a 3DS XL and a 2DS, and about 45 games. How many have I actually played?

Gotta work on that this year.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I played Awakening twice - once on Casual and once on Classic - because I'm the same way about losing characters. I'm going to get both release versions physically (I didn't know about the super special edition until it was sold out everywhere because I'm a potato). Anyone know if they're doing a physical release for the 3rd part later on? Last I heard, it was only DLC, but I wasn't sure if they'd changed that.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I actually recapped this over on Talking Time a little while ago. Here's what I played...

Majora's Mask - 29:21
Link's Awakening DX - 11:23
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 4:22
eShop - 3:44
Yoshi's New Island - 1:33
Gunman Clive 2 - 1:22
AeternoBlade - 1:21
Azure Striker Gunvolt - 1:21
Chocobo Tales - 1:06
Legend of Legacy Demo - 0:57
Mighty Switch Force 2 - 0:50
Badge Arcade - 0:45
Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - 0:45
Legend of Legacy - 0:44
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - 0:39
Mii Plaza - 0:37
SSFIV 3D - 0:35
Summon Night: Twin Age - 0:31
Activity Log - 0:27
SMTIV - 0:26
n+ - 0:26
Wrecking Crew - 0:25
Blue Dragon Plus - 0:16
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball - 0:14
Moon Chronicles - 0:14
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood - 0:14
Metroid Fusion - 0:13
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff - 0:13
"Other" - 2:25

59 titles / 68:48 hours.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

@Sarge

Bro I thought you beat Sticker Star and Dream Team?

Okay, I just checked my HLTB for 3DS. I was wrong, I've finished FOUR games for the system. :lol: This is it:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl = 115h 19m
Resident Evil: Revelations* = 22h
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers = 29h 10m
Super Mario 3D Land* = 14h 18m

So all together I've logged just over 180 hours on 3DS gaming since 2013.

*These times are a little inflated due to doing more than just the main campaign.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.